Chapter 1

(2 years later)

My loud whinny broke the quiet morning silence. Its been at least two years since my mother died. I whinny again in the harsh cold morning. I thought I would honor her by doing this on the day she was killed. I huff and wander back over to the fence where luca sits. He holds out his hand which has an apple sliver on it. " I miss her to sweet girl"  He sighs and rubs my forehead as I gently take the apple from his hand.

"LUCA!"  Sean, luca's father, calls for the young boy who is now 7. "Come help me with the plow team!" I look over to see dipper and daisy hooked up to the plow. Luca pats my cheek and goes to help his father.

I blink and cant help but feel loneliness set in as luca walks away. I remember when he and I used to play in the pasture. We'd kick snow up and roll in it. He built a snow man last year and I ate the nose. It is great to see his dazzling smile. Its just a shame that he lost his mother too last winter. She had a car crash not to far from home and didnt make it to the hospital. Luca didnt come out for about two to three weeks to see me.

I trudged to the middle of the pasture and lay down in the snow and roll. Another yong horse named snowball walked out to pasture from the barn. "What 're you doing..?" He questions me and lowers his head towards mine.

"Killing time till luca can join me again." I respond casually and fold my legs under me and look up at him.

"You know school is starting up again soon. He's also going to get friends too. Everything is different now since the move." Snowball reminds me. "Trust me you wont see him very much in the future."

I sigh heavily. "Amber!" Luca calls. I raise my head and look over my shoulder. Luca sat on the fence once more. Getting on my feet I trot over and stop before him. "Such a beautiful girl" he looks at me and pats my nose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(15 years later)

I grow up fast. Im 17 now and  luca is 22. Snowball was right. Luca has gone off to school, College I mean.  I thought he would never leave me. He said he loved me. I stand in the pasture at the fence with my head down. Luca moved out and his father is slowly selling off the horses here. Im included in the 4 that are still here. There were 10. A truck pulled up to the fence where I am and a man hops out of the driver side.

"Hey there pretty girl..." he murmmers lowly. I lift my head slightly and look at him. He is a gorgeous man, Very striking. Taking interest I stretch out my neck to sniff the hand he offered.

"Can I help you sir?" Sean came out of his home and greeted the attractive man.

"Yes, im in the market for a draft horse." He  smiles at sean and glances back at me."she seems to be perfect for what im looking for"

"And what mught that be sir? I have other draft horses here too." Sean gives a wake smile. "I've got more experienced. This ol' girl isn't even broken in." That was a lie. Luca trained me to plow and carry a rider. Only I wouldn't carry anyone else except luca.

" I can train her. She'll be wonderful." He insists. I tilt my head slightly and huff air in his face and walk back to the barn. I hear him laughing behind me. Gosh it sounds wonderful. Stepping through the stall door and i hit my back hoof on the out crop of the door frame. Becoming startled I bolt back out and buck around the pasture.

The rich laughter from the fence grabs my attention. Sean had a large wad of cash in his hand with a slightly pained expression. The man stood with a huge grin on his face. I duck my head down as panic rose In my chest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Again this is just a random story with no real plot. I can try but this is basically practice writing.