chapter 18

"What do you mean by that?!" Sarah snorts in Luca's face. Her ears pinned down. I look between them both and my gaze rests back on Sarah. "Just becouse I'm a bit bossy doesnt mean I'm being mean."

"Sarah, you took a chunk out of Amber's coat..." Luca drills her with a hard stare. Sarah returns it unflinching. "You can't go around bitting people. We may be horses but we dont have to act like them."

That tips sarah over the edge. "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK IM ACTING LIKE?!?!?!" She shreaks. I take a step back as she moves closer to Luca threateningly. Luca stands his ground and Sebastian comes up next to me, pushing me back behind him slightly.

'I could have just let it go' I think to myself as luca and sarah start yelling over one another. Sebastian motions with his head that I should leave. I turn around and walk to William who lays under a tree. He glances up when he hears me coming.

"Hey!" He whinnys and moves to get up.

"No you can stay down, I think I'll join you." I nicker as I lay down next to him. Im exhausted from telling Luca all that had happened while he was gone. It felt kinda wrong telling on sarah. A total tattle tale, but it might continue if something wasn't done about it. The bullying wasn't that bad. It just made me very concerned when she turned on william though. I can handle it when its towards me... but my friends?

I sigh and lay my head down. I never got to ask luca about where they went. He heard that I was bullied and he took strait off and confronted Sarah. Im greatful but I wish it was more for william than me. William is still so impressionable. I don't want him picking up bad habits.

A shrill whinny makes me stumble back to the present. I turn my head and perk my ears towards the direction it came from. Two mares and about three foals came through the tree line and in to the meadow. A stallion runs up behind them as they meet up with luca and Sebastian. William leans closer to me. His body quivering slightly.

"Are you ok?" I press my nose to his shoulder to comfort him. He nods weakly and tucks his head around to snuggle it between him and I. My heart warms slightly but my attention soon centers on Sebastian leading the mares and foals over.

I tilt my head and nicker when he gets close. "What's going on?" He looks at me then the mares. The foals stand behind them hidding.

"More shifters have escaped." Sebastian tells me. I look at the mares. "They have had a rough day. We had planned to leave soon but this has set us back. We leave tomorrow." He grunts and turns to the mares. "The foals are your responsibility." And with that he canter off.

I watch him go. He's odd at times... I glance back at the mares. "It's alright if you'd like to lay down. Plenty of space here for all five of you, grass too."

The mares look at each other and then herd the foals closer to me and they lay down around the little ones. One mare speaks up."he's a bit old for that dont you think?"she nods towards william who was oblivious to her question. He sleeps soundly cuddled next to me.

I shake my head. "No, I dont think so. He's only ten." I murmur and move a peice of his forelock from his eyes. I look at the mares as they share a look. "I know what your thinking. But he isn't just a horse. He's also a little boy." I motion to the foals who were nodding off as well." Just as they are too." I nose the smallest one. The little filly gives me a sleepy nicker and moves closer to me.

The mares nod in understanding. They talk between themselves as I tend to the foals. Soon they all were cuddling up to me and william. I rest my head on Williams back and close my eyes. Everyone of the foals snooze soundly as I drift off to sleep my self.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok yay!! So this might be the final update untill I'm out of school for the summer. I hope you gals enjoy the book so far!

Questions
1. How do you think sarah with tray amber now that she was rattled on?
2. How do you feel knowing that Luca took immediate action hearing that amber was in trouble.
3. What do you think of the new horses? How did they escape?
4. what do you think about amber and the foals?
5. Out of the whole book so far what's your favorite part or character and why?

I'd like at least 10 comments. If 10 is reached I might update sooner who knows! ;)