chapter 23

Its been about a week since Luca explained to me that I'm pregnant. It never occurred to me that I could have been. Sebastain had found a small town even before I was getting sick. He went in to town and I would asume stole everything we needed. He brought back a light blue sundress for me that is absolutely beautiful. He had also got a few articles of clothing and saddlebags to hold all of the things he had stolen.

He told me it was almost spring and that the foals and william could keep me warm till then. Speaking of foals and william, we all sit under a tree enjoying the slight cold breeze that blows by. It seems only 4 months ago I was at Luca's barn watching the mysterious black haired man pull up in his truck.

I glance at Sebastian who is munching on grass with the other mares. His tail flicks and he shakes his mane out. His coat was slightly fuzzy. I noticed that all of our coats are fuzzy since its still a little cold. Hair is falling out though and it makes me itch just watching them roll.

I haven't been a horse for a week. I sigh and look back to the foals. Mia is cuddled up to my side and has her little head resting in my lap. Her sister Lia is next to her but her head rests on Mia's back.

I pull my tan colored blanket closer to me and rest my head on william behind me. Cole is spending time with the two bigger stallions lately. Play fighting and racing Luca. Sebastian plays with him as well but not as much as Luca does.

A slight breeze pulls at the blanket and cold air seeps in. Shivering I tuck the blanket more securely around me shoulders and legs. Sitting on my legs I wiggle my feet around to tuck under William's belly who lays behind me. He's been really excited about the little baby I'm carrying. He constantly asks questions such as what do you think it is? A boy or a girl? Or is Sebastian or luca the daddy? And can I pick his or her name? I laughed at the last one.

The six weeks since the mating and I haven't shown a sign till now. I think to myself. What a wonderful world. I sigh and gently move Mia's head off my lap and wiggle my feet out from under william.

Standing up I stretch and wince at the ache on my back from slouching aginst the tree. Luca wanders up and nudges me lightly. I smile at him and pet his nose. His eyes close and he leans in to the touch slightly. All of a sudden he jerks his head up and his ears swivel towards the woods to our right. I try to listen to but hear nothing. He lets out a shreak that wakes up the foals and William. Sebastian c anters over to the little ones and rounds them up with the mares and charges off with them.

Luca lowers his body enough for me to swing on. This is the first time I'm riding a horse and let me tell you being a horse is so much easyer. I clutch Luca's mane and wrap my legs around him best I can. I bump up and down on his back as he gallops after the herd.

I dare looking back changing the loss of balance just to see what we are running from. What I see makes me sick. The stallion I had beat up is charging after us with John on his back. There are other men with them to help round us up. John sees me and grins wickedly as they gain on us.

I know im slowing the herd down. Emotions suddenly hit me and I want to cry like a baby. "Don't worry about me Luca! I know you're going slow to make sure I stay on! Run like the wind!" I sob, Tears falling as we run.

Luca gets a second wind and charges off. I lean lower down and think light thoughts as I sob. We can make it... was the laat thing I remember thinking before Luca makes a sudden stop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you my beautiful veiewers! Im loving your commenting and ideas!

Q&A's

1) what do toy think the stallions relationship to john is?

2) why is amber crying??

Sorry. Shot and simple questions feel free just to comment opinions and or ideas! I'd like to have 10 comments before I post another chapter. :)

Also those toy story references though! xD