chapter 22

"That was uncalled for!" Sarah whinnys. I pin my ears back and paw the ground. She notices and snaps at me. I've had about enough of this broodmare's attitude.

She goes to snap at me again and I bite her lip when she pulls it back. She lets out a startled snort and retreats a step. I glare at her and she glares back. " I am not being a stupid immature mare about this." I snort. "He was being a pervert and he was a threat to me and the other mares. Im not going to be touched or pushed around by another man or stallion EVER AGAIN."

Sarah's eyes flare with anger and she takes a step foward. I stand taller and arch my neck and snort standing my ground. The paint mare and I stare at each other till she tosses her head and flicks her tail. "I've had enough of your attitude. You've done enough damage." Sarah walks off with the swish of her hips.

I take a deep breath and blow it out forcefully. I watch her retreating figure as I turn back to the other horses. The stare after sarah and glance back to me. I sigh and hang my head low. A slow pulsing starts in my temple. My stomach rolls and I cough.

Suddenly I shift so fast I dont have time to catch myself from falling in the grass. I land and vomit grass and other vegetation. The bitter taste makes me grimace and I pant before I heave another grass ball. The other horses prance nervously. Luca and Sebastian move them away. Luca comes back to nudge me softly. "Amber...?"

I groan and hold my stomach. The cool air makes goose flesh start up my legs and arms. Sweat beads on my forehead and slips down my face to the ground. Painful cramps start that make me huddle in a tight ball.

I roll in to the horrid grass and acid vomit from before. "Amber hold still." Luca nudges me to roll over and he shifts.

Picking me up bridal style he carries me towards the stream we have been following. I glance at the stream thinking of how cold it would feel. Voicing my thoughts luca speaks. "Its going to be cold..." he murmers.

I tense a little as cold water is splashed on me. Luca's hands wipe the vomit from my body. He carefully cleans me off and pulls me closer to him. "Im so sorry Amber... I've loved you since you were a baby... God this is so awkward." He chokes out. I feel warm tears hit my face. Opening my eyes for the first time since I shifted I look at Luca.

"I forgive you, Buts what's wrong with me Luca?" I murmer tiredly. My eyes droop as I slowly relax in Luca's warm strong arms.

Breathing deeply he pulls me closer in a hug. Cradling me close he sighs. "It's been three weeks Amber... since the-' he stops to choke out the next part. "rape..."

I sit up slightly and look him in the eyes. " Luca, don't blame yourself. You couldn't of prevented it." He shakes his head at my words. I frown "Luca tell me what's wrong with me."

"Amber are you really that uneducated?" Luca mumbles. His face turns a dark shade of red. Tilting my head to the side I ponder his words. My brow scrunches together while I think about his question. I nod slightly and look expectantly at him.

"Luca is there something I can do?" Sebastian's voice startles me and I jump slightly. His voice is laced with warning. He looks between us and how close we are as if judging us.

"We need clothes or Amber does. She can remain a human till this..." He stops talking and takes a deep breath. "Just got get Amber clothes." He grunts as he lifts me up and walks with me in his arms.

As we leave Sebastian behind I squirm in Luca's arms. "Let me down im fine now." I protest. Luca shakes his head and continues to walk with me in his arms towards the foals.

Luca sets me down next to william who is sleeping soundly. He speaks quietly to me tucking a strand of hair behind my ear as he speaks."You are not to shift. Not even once or at all. You will ride on my back and mine only. Amber... you're mine now. Im not going to let anything happen to you... or my baby."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh wow, that escalated quickly...

Q&A's

1) what do u think about Amber's attitude change suddenly?
2) now that you know why she's having the change in attitude do you think she's going to be a pain in the butt?
3) why do you think Amber is having pains?
4) do you feel that luca should be Amber's mate since he "claimed" her now? Why do u feel this way?
5) If she does have a baby what should his or her name be?

Thanks guys for all the votes! Id like a few comments like maybe 15 or so before I post another chapter.

Im also sorry it took so long for this one. I've been to Florida twice in the past week plus three days. Im pretty sunburnt, lol.

I love having you guys comment! I really enjoy reading them!