chapter 9

"Here's where you're staying. " sebastain flips a switch on the wall and the small room lit up. I look from the bed that made up about half the room to the night stand and dresser taking up the other half. "Here." Sebastain grunts and tosses a pair of sweat pants at me. "You can sleep in those. There's a bathroom across the hall and if you need anything else im down the hall on the right." With that he left and closed the door behind him.

Sighing I turn a lamp on and flip the light off. The soft glow of the lamp illuminated the bed which was surprisingly welcoming. I slip out of the to tight clothing and slip the sweatpants on. I leave the bra on and take the top quilt off the bed. It looked to warm. Everything is changing... I stare at my hands and blink a couple of times. The only thing I can do is got to sleep.

~~~~

Crack!

I wake with a scream. My heart pounds aginst my chest and my breath cought in my throat. I flinch again as the flash of light brightens my small room.

BOOM!

I jump and clutch the blankets close. Another loud clap of thunder sounds and I scream again and cover myself with the blanket. Its just thunder, I tell myself. Just lights and noise no different from the tractor acting up at home. Another light shows through the blanket and I grip the blanket tighter.

Squeezing my eyes shut I try thinking of happy things. Like when luca used to sit in the barn at night and hold my head during thunder storms while I layed down I the stall. Thinking of luca sent a pain through my chest. What was he doing now? Talking to his dad? Thinking of me? I snort at the last one.

Why would he think of me. Another loud crack startles me and I start hyperventilating and get dizzy. Gripping the blanket around my body I stand up. I looked around from my position on the bed and sigh. The room was to small to pace.

I hop off the bed and quickly walk to tbe door. I stiffle a yelp when another round of lighting starts. I open the door and peek out. The hallway was lit by a small lamp on a shelf. Looking down both sides of the hall I creep out towards the stairs. "I'll just pace the living room for a little while. Maybe if I move I'll calm down a bit." I murmer to myself.

As I descend the stair I cringe at every creak of the stairs and clap of thunder. When I reach the bottom I let out the breath id been holding. Sebastain nor Rebecca have woken up yet I guess. I walk towards the door and rurn around starting my pacing.

I'm on round 24 when a monsterous crash of lighting made me scream and jump about 4 feet in the air. I land in a crouch and huddle there till I stop shaking. I get up with my head down and walk faster around the room. I start on round 26 when I crash into the wall and fall back to the ground.

With a groan I sit up. I pull my bangs to the side to see exactly where I could have hit the wall. I yelp and scooch back as I look at Sebastian. He crosses his arms and stares down at me. "What are you doing?" He growls and sets his lips in a strait line. I just stare at him wide eyed as another clap of thunder shakes the house.

Clutching the blanket more tightly around me, I stumble over my next few words. "Im scared of the thunder and the light and usually luca sat with me through the storms." I rush and clench my eyes shut. I huddle on the floor waiting for sebastain to laugh or give a smart remark.

What happened was something I didnt expect. I jump slightly and open my eyes as he put his arm under my knees and the other behind my back and picked me up. I'm surprised he didn't groan or stumble becouse of my weight. He holds me in his arms and walks over to the couch.

Setting me down gently he tucks my long bangs behind my ear. "You ever had chocolate?" He asks gently. A light appears out side the windows and I duck my head, shaking it furiously. "You wait here ok? I'll be right back." He stands up strait and starts to walk away.

I panic and grab the back of his pants. He gasps and stands still. I release it quickly and my face flames red. I hadn't realised he had only a pair of boxers on with a white shirt. I retract my hand and barry my face in the blanket. "I-I'm sorry! I just didn't want to be left alone!" I squeak. Sebastain lets out a low laugh and pats my head.

"Its ok. Just take notice be for you grab my butt again." He chuckles. I gap at him in horror. I had grabbed his butt?! He walks away and I stand up and dash after him. In the kitchen he takes down a pot and gets a dark brown powder called Hershey chocolate. He got milk and sugar next. He glances at me as I stand awkwardly in the door was. He smiles and shakes his head as a flash of lightning startles me. He walks over to me and takes my hips in his Hands. Picking me up he set me on the island in the kitchen directly in front of the stove. I watched as he mixed and poared and as we wait for what he was making he started talking to me.

"So, have you always known you were..." he glances at me his green eyes full of wonder. I shake my head and he nods. "Yes or no questions?" He asks. I nod and he smiles. He continues to ask questions and eventually I start talking. I tell him about what its been like being a horse and how my life has changed since he brought me home.

"There done. Hold this." Sebastian says and hangs me a cup. He landless out some of the dark liquid in the pot and draws me closer to the stove. Pouring the liquid in he help steady my cup by wrapping his hand around mine.

My heart flutters and I take a quick breath. Thankfully sebastain doesnt notice and gently lets go. "Careful its still kind of hot." He murmurs and grabs his own cup. The thunder rolls softly out side and I can hear is the rain hitting the roof. For the first time that night I actuelly took a calming breath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! Im so glad that people are liking this book! I'm going to try to continue and update as much as possible. Im also thinking about starting a new series.

Dont get excited though its a typical stuck in a video game series, if you'd like for me to write it let me know! I actuelly already have it written it just needs editing and I can type it up!