chapter 19

All of the little foals are precious. Out of the three there are two sweet little girls and a Simi-wild colt. Each only about six or seven. Oddly for them they only grow realistically with their age. William and I are a bit different.

I'm Surrounded by little bodies as I walk behind Luca. The little train of horses make our way to a diffrent meadow.

Luca had been out looking for new land for us to stay safe. Sebastian had gone back to the compound and has given freedom to the new horses in our herd. I learn the names quickly as the mares talk to me. One mare is a beautiful cream color, Her name is Rachel. She's very sweet. The other one is Anna. She's a bit diffrent. She's a chocolate brown color and has a star on her forehead. She enjoys talking a lot. Rachel and Anna are the same age of 20.

They chat behind me about Sebastian. The seem to have a crush on him. I laugh quietly to myself about their chatter. The last thing on Sebastian's mind right now is a mate. He constantly keeps check with me and the foals.

"Amber?" One of the little fillies nudges me. I look down at the only other female draft horse. She was a little Fresian. She reaches no higher than my shoulder right now. "I wanna take a nap." She mumbles sleepily.

My heart cracks a little. I know how exhausted the little ones are. The usually wild colt is tripping over himself as I speak. "Luca." I call. He stops and turns to look at me. "Everyone is tired... could we take a break? Please?" I add for extra measure.

His eyes soften a little and he nods. He looks around the grass area and walks next to me. "There's a little stream over there. You can rest and take the foals for a nap." He moves past me but nudges my shoulder gently before moving on.

I take a sip from the stream when I get to it. The cool water was nice. The foals take sips too and soon spread out around me when I lay down. We have traveled about twelve miles or so. Im surprised they kept this place so far from civilization. Im not quite sure what the plan is yet as a whole but we're working on getting as far away as possible.

Closing my eyes I drift off....

I look around the meadow as my mane and tail blow in the wind. Luca comes thundering up to me from across the meadow. He hops a few times as he slows to stop infront of me. I nicker a soft greeting and he returns it by pressing his nose to mine. The warmth of his muzzle is comforting and speaks of protection. I close my eyes and enjoy the feeling.

I feel a cold presence suddenly and I open my eyes. I panic as my eyes meet John's face twisted in a sick grin. I was aboit to scream a warning to Luca but john pulled the gun so fast. Luca drops like a brick. His eyes rolling back in his head. The hole through his head burned in my memory...

I gasp and scramble to my feet. Sebastian stood by and jumps slightly. I check to make sure I hadn't hurt any of the foals. I panic even more when none of them are near me. "Easy Amber, the foals are with Rachel and Anna." he soothes. my heart resumes a normal pace after a minute or two.

William wanders over and moves up next to me. I place my head on his back and close my eyes taking a deep breath. " We need to keep moving." Sebastian says gently. I nod and walk behind him with william at my side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ok, I wrote this during class and I took my final. I flunked it... I made a 56 and it brought my grade of 77 to a 74... I feel dead.

Questions.
1. what should I name the foals?
2. do you think sarah will bully the other horses?
3. a new stallion! what do you think he'll be like?
4. what are your opinions of the new mares?

there might not be an update to soon... I promise ill write a lot over summer. I'm just so depressed right now...