chapter 21

Pounding hooves startle me awake. I raise my head and look towards the source. Luca and the new stallion were running across the feild. I watch as they step a good distance away and start a heated argument.

I make sure none of the foals were cuddled to close before I get up. Sleepily I stretch and glance back at the stallions. Luca snaps at the other stallion taking a chunk of his coat off his shoulder. With a squeal the stallion rears kicking his legs out. I freeze and my skin tingles slightly at the sudden change in the atmosphere.

The foals wake up and scramble to their feet and frantically huddle behind me. "What's going on amber." Mia stutters wide eyed.

" I dont know... you stay here I'll be right back." I nudge them over to William who takes them to where Rachel and anna are. I trot over to the two fighting stallions.

"What is going on here!" I snort. Both stallions look at me. Luca huff and glares at me.

"Go back to the foals amber, this doesnt concern you." He grunts. I take a step back slightly offended that he isn't going to be honest with me.

"No you tell me what's going on here. NOW." I glare back at him.

With a sigh Luca explains that the new stallion wanted to take half the group and start his own herd. His horse side is stronger than his human side. He wanted to take me as his mare.

I take another step back and look at the stallion. He nods is head and winks at me. I snort in disgust. He's like John... "I think its time you leave this herd." I say lowly.

"Aw common sugar...." he coaxed. I lost it after he says that DREADED NAME. I rear and lash out with my front hooves. They connect with his temple and he grunts in surprise.

I open my mouth and chomp down on his should where Luca had bitten him but I broke skin. I spit out the bloody flesh and whirl around and kick him in his gut. "NEVER.CALL.ME. SUGAR! NOW GO!" I scream at him. He takes off with a limping gait. I breath heavily as I watch him go.

I glance at luca who stands stunned next to me. "Are....you ok?" He asks shakily. I nod and with one final huffing air I turn to go to the stream.

Mia and Lia both stand watching me as I approach. "Momma, what's going on?" Mia speaks up. I look at her and my heart aches.

"He wanted to take me away from you baby." I nicker softly and muzzle both of them. The huddle close to me and walk with me to the boys.

Cole was play fighting with William when the girls and I wander over. They were oblivious to the whole scene that was caused. William being bigger but being the sweet boy he is let Cole win their little mock battles. I nicker softly to them and they both trot over and notice that I'm exhausted even after I had just slept.

"You should lay down mamma." Cole nudges me towards the tree. "You look ready to fall over." He leads me to the shaded tree area and I lay down and roll on to my side.

The foals all snuggle close and I close my eyes and enjoy them being close.

Soon everyone is asleep and I'm getting restless. Sebastain walks over and chuckles silently. " Need some help?" He asks lowly. I nod and he carefully moves the foals' heads off of my body and on to eachothers. I stand up and shake out my coat.

"Thank you." I murmer and walk towards the little huddle of adult horses with Sebastian behind me. Now the fun begins....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oooooooo! Fight!

1.) Why do u think the stallion wanted amber?
2.) Do you think it was a normal thing for amber to go all whoop butt on the stallion?
3.) Do u thjnk the foals will see amber any differently now that she has ripped flesh off another horse?
4.) What is Luca thinking?
5.) Do you think the other horses will get mad at amber?
6.) What do you think amber is going to do?

Ok thank you my lovelies! I made an instagram becouse my friend forced me to. If you have one and you'd like to follow my username is dragon_kale