chapter 24

The slow motion of falling to the ground and the breath being knocked from my lungs is excruciating. I try to take breaths of air but can't get any. DARN LUNGS! CONTRACT!

Finally what seems ages before I take a breath, I fill my lungs greedily with air and cough. My tears doubled and my vision is blurred too. "Luca!" I gasp out.

A soft nose touches my cheek and I reach up to hold on to the forlock. The blurry black blob I see moves over me. My hand slips to the ground when the forlock I was holding is pulled from my grasp.

Slowing my breathing I close my eyes. The snort above me makes me jump slightly and John's voice makes me cringe. "Let her come back with us my dear boy. She cant have a baby out here. Surely you arnt that cruel. Of course... you are the one who knocked her up. Yes?" John's voice drips with sarcasm towards the end of the statement.

Luca above me shifts and picks me up. The sigh that escaped him had me worried. He wouldn't... "You promise you wont hurt her...?" My eyes shot open and stare at luca in disbelief. He gives me a sad look and pulls me closer to his chest.

"You have my word." John says as he brings a hand to his chest over his heart. I look at Luca and shake my head. "Come now my darling. We have much to discuss." John grins at me. "Especially since your baby is going to develop more quickly than normal. you need a hospital not a feild."

In that moment the most beautiful and dreadful things happens. William comes charging in and rams in to the stallion John is mounted on. I gasp and then cry out as they collide. The stallion falls to his side and John falls off. William is sprawled out on the grass trying to get up.

He gains his feet and Sebastian comes running in. Luca grabs Sebastian's mane and swings he and I up on his back. William is behind us in the matter of seconds. Luca holds me steady as we ride. It's much easier than ridding by myself. It's also faster too, for the most part anyway.

I wipe my eyes and sniff as we gain more and more ground away from John. Luca leans down and whispers in my ear. "You didn't actuelly think I'd hand you over did you?"

I shake my head slightly and hug his neck a lot tighter. "I just didnt expect this to play out the way if did." I mumble. His head is in the crook of my neck and I feel his lips smile aginst my skin. It sends a pleasant tingle through my body.

The strange feeling leaves when Sebastian bucks slightly. I strangle the scream before it gets out as I fly up about four or so inches in the air. "Would you be careful!" Luca grunts.

The ride back to the herd takes a while before we meet them in a cave. The clatter of hooves on the stone floor makes me nervouse and hyper aware of the danger only so far away.

"We need to walk through here so we cant be tracked." Luca whispers to me. "Its easier said than done but its a chance to loose them." I nod and shiver slughtly. The cave is a bit cold. I frown as I remember my blanket being left behind.

Soon the herd is in veiw. There are holes in the ceiling of the cave and little rays of light shine in to the dark space. I notice a little under ground spring in a corner. The closer we get the warmer it is. Luca slides off still holding me.

I move a little bit trying to make him let me stand on my own. "Luca let her down." Sebastian growls. I look over to him and then to the ground. I didn't notice he had shifted. I hide my face slightly with my hands.

Luca lets out an irritated sigh and gently sets me down. He pulls my hands from my fave and peers in to my eyes. "Im going to check and ask you questions about your body ok?" He murmers. I nod and look at the ground.

Luca's hands start at the base of my neck and move to my shoulder slowly applying pressure. I relax slightly and close my eyes. Pleasant tickles make me fidget slightly. Luca stops to ask if it hurts, I shake my head no and open my eyes. He presses on my stomach and uterus area. "Everything is firm." He tells himself. His brow frowns slightly as he works and his sandy blond hair flops on his brow and hides a crystal blue eye. "I think your good for now." He tells me.

'But John said the baby develops faster." I point out. Luca nods and shrugs. " I'm going to check on william." I say getting nervous. I move away and glance over my shoulder. Im not saying im a perv... but Luca doesnt look so bad naked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay! So, I have no idea what to ask. So hows about yoy guys ask me questions instead. Is there something not making sence? Let me know and I'll reply.
@MrRiddles Amber's pregnant state is diffrent from her mothers. Where as her mom was the first breeding shifter. The test subject that escaped. So Amber's breeding procedure with Luca is alot diffrent from her moms.