chapter 14

I pace my room glancing at Luca on the ground every now and then. They had left him in here after the breeding. We haven't changed back yet. His large body took up most of the floor space only leaving me enough to pace. I snort and nudge him with my nose.

I have no idea what's wrong with him. He just layed down after the breeding and hasn't gotten up yet... I give a deep sigh and lay down next to him. My body is exhausted and I've had just about enough. Closing my eyes I welcome the deep sleep.

The grass whips in the wind as I run along the meadow fence. Another horse gallops towards me from the wooded area nearby. "Amber!" She whinnys. I slide to a stop and walk to the fence to meet this strange mare.

"Hello? Do I know you?" I nicker back softly. The mares eyes show the whites letting me know shes terrified.

"Oh baby... if only you knew... you need to get out of here." She pleads. I give her strange look and notice its not Feild any more. It's a concrete room. Panicking I back up.

"Whats going on?!" I snort in fright. He mare gives me a nudge and nickers as if to comfort me as a...mother....would do... "mommy...?" I whisper.

"Its alright baby girl... he'll help you get out." She tells me. Fading fast she disappears in to a fog...

Jerking awake I scramble to my feet. The large black stallion next to me leaps to his feet as well. We stare at each other for a moment. "Amber?" He nickers.

"Yes, it's me Luca." I tell him. He swings his head around and he nearly runs me over when he is startled. "Lord! Whats wrong?!?" I snort.

"Im a horse!" He gasps. I huff and narrow my eyes at him.

"Do you not rememeber? The breeding? " I question. He jerks his head to look at me so fast I was scared he would have whiplash.

"We...we... we WHAT!?!" He shreaks. The whites of his eyes show and he paces the little room that we have.

"Luca! Stop! There isn't enough room in here for that." I say backing up as he goes by. He stops and swings his head around to look at me. I stare at him and shake my mane out. "We're slaves now." I mummble to him.

"Hell no." He says and nudges me away from the door. I move out the way and Luca turns his hind ended towards the door and kicks. Groaning and creaking in protest the door holds. Luca gives a few more kicks and it flys down the hall. I stand stunned aa he comes back over to nudge me out the door.

"Move Amber, they're not going to wait for us to leave at our leasure." I didn't listen and he sighs and takes a nip at my flank. I shreak and bolt out the door. Luca is hot on my tail and guides me down the halls.

We get to a flight of stairs and I make my way up them clumsily. Luca dashes up them without a Problem. We round a corner and we see glass doors in sight. The beautiful sunlight filters through them. Luca races ahead and crashed through the glass. I jump through and let out a scream as shard of glass slashes my shoulder.

Ignoring the pain I run after Luca. He races down the fenced road. I look at all the horses in cages. My mind tells me they arn't just horse.

They're shifters too... I look around and kick at every lock as I pass. Or at least I try. Only a few give way and I cry inside for the few that didn't break. There are maybe 5 more horses behind Luca and I as we run to the gate. Almost out, just a few more feet to go. Luca sails over the gate and circles around to wait for me.

Thats when the gun shots ring out. There's a thud behind me and a horses scream. My hair stands up as John is shouting. I have to get out!! I panic and jump the fence knocking it with my hind hoof. Other horses hump behind me one slides to a stop at the gate and whinnys his sarrow and fear.

I die a little as the small heard of five ,including Luca and I, run for the forested area away from the horrid slave house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I apologise for such short chapters. I have no idea what I'm typing anymore. There's no way I can continue thinking of ideas for this book. I will keep writing but I'd like to know if I should start a zombie apocalypse book. What do you guys think? Let me know! ! Please comment ideas!! For this book at least. I would love to hear what you guys have to say!!