chapter 25

"They're passing by now." Sebastian whispers as he walks in the cave. "Everyone just stay quiet."

I hold the children close as Luca and Sebastian distribute blankets to the others. All of us have shifted to human form and wait out John in the cave.

Everyone has clothes. The girls have dresses and the boys have jeans. Cole had fought me on putting pants on, I won though. I told him he would go back to the factory if he didnt.

Sebastian glances at me and smiles slightly. I give a weak smile back and pull Mia and Lia closer to me. They snuggle close and burry their heads in my skirt. "It'll be ok little ones." I whisper.

I notice Luca staring at me from the corner of my eye. His eyes had a strange emotion in them that I can't read. He gives a weak smike then turns and strides over to Sebastian. They move to the entrance and take up posts watching for John.

My stomach rumbles slightly and Mia lifts her head. Her sparkling brown eyes study me and she stands up and scurries to the saddle bag. She pulls out a plastic bag and rushes back over. I give her a questioning look and she sits back down. Taking her plastic bag tie and untwisting it she moves her hand around then pull out a peice of wheat bread.

She grins at me and hands me two slices. My heart melts and I smile at her as tears leak from my eyes. I take the bread and set it aside to pull her in to a hug. Tears fall and My body makes sharp jerks as I cry. She sits in my lap and looks me in the eyes as she takes my face in her little hands.

"Don't cry mommy. You have to stay strong for our little sister or brother." She whispers. "Eat the bread please."

I nod and pick the bread up and try to keep the water works down. Stifling the sobs I eat the bread instead. William scooters closer and hugs me as I chew. Soon cole scooters over too.

My body aches from the strain of the last few days. William makes me use him as a pillow while he is in his horse form. Mia and Lia put a blanket over me and cuddle close. The rock floor isn't comfortable by all means. But I fell asleep faster than if I had been in a comfy stall...

I woke to someone stroking my cheek. It felt nice but startles me. My eyes flutter open and I stare in to Luca's crystal blue eyes. "Time to get up." He whispers and then wakes up the children.

Mia and Lia stretch with much exaggeration. William snorts and rolls to get up. He lowers his head once he's up and helps me get my footing as I wobble a little. The floor did nothing for my back!

Rachel, Sarah , and Anna are moving around and packing things up. Sarah moves over and grabs my blanket and yanks it out of my hands. "Get a move on." She growls. Mia and Lia jerk awake from the rude awakening and rub their eyes. I scowl after sarah and stare daggers in to her back. One of these days I'm seriously going to hurt her...

I look for Luca and Sebastian but dont see them. A Stretch and a yawn later I get up to find them. I leave the little ones to rest a little more before the move. I move towards the back of the cave and glance around. I notice a wall sort of area and look be hind it.

What I see isn't what I expected. Luca and Sebastian both are stripping their pants off and both have their backs turned. Both men are farm workers, their muscles show it.

With my face heating up I turn right back around. I walk briskly to the little ones and sit right back down were I had been before. Mia notices my red face and makes a comment.

" You look like a strawberry." She giggles then adds, "or a tomato! " which of course makes my face taken on a deeper crimson hue. The clatter of hooves startles me and the stallions round the corner with their pants in their mouths.

Luca glances at me and I can see the slightest glint of teasing. He knows... the the blood that was heating my face now drains away in horror. He knew I was looking... on accident of course.

The other women shifted and so did the children. They had thrown the saddle bags on the stallions. I slowly walk over to luca. "Not a word." I mummble. He nickers and snorts a chuckle. My face heats right back up again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Im so sorry it took so long!! But its here now! Senior year of high school for me... might take a while for updates.

Q&A

1) how do you feel about luca and amber together?

2) do you think luca and amber are a good match? Why?

3) how did you feel when Mia gave amber the bread?

Three simple questions but if you'd like to make a comment on something else feel free!