chapter 17

I move in to the water and shiver as it runs over my feet. The stream moves lazily down its winding path from the woods and back. I crouch down and dip my hand in. Cupping the little that I could I bring it up to my shoulder. The cool water stings and brings slight relief to the pain. My shoulder throbs and soon becomes a dull ache as I tend to it.

I lean back and sit on my behind. The smooth rocks under me were heated from the suns rays. I let my legs stay in the water watching as the water rolls over my feet and calves. I still cant beleive im actually part human... I close my eyes and lean my head back.

Something soft and a little bit prickly rubs aginst my opposite shoulder. I let out a startled sound and bring my legs and arms around myself. I look to see what has touched me and Williams large brown eyes stare at me. His spotted coat was filthy from probably rolling when he woke up.

"Dont scare me like that!" I exclaim and nudge his nose away with a laugh. He lets out a playful squeal and bucks and kicks away. He of course was careful of not hitting me. I smile after him and frown when I hear the harsh neigh of sarah.

"Hey! Grow up!" She whinnys and pins her ears back, bearing her teeth. I stare at her as she glares after William who has tucked his tail and walks back towards me. He lays down next to me and looks at me.

"Its ok." I comfort him and place my hand on his forehead. I start to rub small circles and continue talking. "She just doesn't know how to have fun." I whisper with a grin. William lets out a coughing laugh.

"I'm not sure how to act Amber..." he grows quiet. I only smile tenderly back.

"You act how you want to act. Sweet Will, just be you." Start petting his nose. I wondered why people were always so fascinated with my nose. Now I know why. They are incredibly soft like velvet. William's eyes start to droop and his head drops slowly.

A soft smile spreads across my face as William's head rests in my lap. I stroke between his ears and breath a sigh. I lean down and rest my head on William's neck and close my eyes. My hair stirs in the slight breeze and tickles my bare back.

~~~~

"Amber?" A soft nicker behind me wakes me up. I lift my head up and look to see stallion Sebastian behind me. "Are you ok?" He tilts his head. His eyes studying my shoulder. I nod tiredly and yawn. I notice his eyes roaning my bare back that faces him. "Sorry!" He grunts and wheels around and canters off throwing a "you should change back to a horse!" Over his shoulder.

Frowning I turn nudging william awake so I can get up. Also my legs had fallen asleep from the weight of his head. His eyes blink open and he lets out a big horse yawn. I grin and pat his nose which makes him jerk his head back.

"Easy there." I tease and stand up. Shifting back I lay back down on the ground and william cuddles up next to me. I'm still close to the stream and take a long drink of water. I notice the rest of the 'herd' wander over and take sips too.

Luca walks up and takes a quick glance at william then at me. "We're leaving soon. Be sure to rest up as much as you can plus eat too. I nod and nudge william who is looking at a butterfly on the rock next to him.

"Hear that? Go eat some grass. I'll join you in a minute, ok?" I watch as william gets up and moves to the grass a few feet away. I look back at Luca. "We need to talk..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oooo~ someone might be trouble. Ok so I decided that the chapters will all be about this long or maybe a little bit shorter.

Ok question time!

1. Ok so a little bonding between william and amber. Do you think its a bit odd that will is becoming so attached to amber?
2. Why do you think sarah acts the way she does?
3. What do you think amber wants to talk to Luca about?
4. Who do you think cares for amber the most? Luca? Sebastian? Why?
5. Who do think amber has an interest in?