chapter 29

A commotion out side the stall wakes ne from my sleep. I sit up and pull my hair back from my face. Quickly standing and moving to the door I see two men trying to get sarah to move out of the stall she was in. "Hey!" I yell "leave her alone!" Both men look at me and laugh then go right back to sarah.

Sarah's eyes were wide and showing the whites. I look around and notice that Luca is gone but the babies are still in here with me. With a frown and my fists clenched at my side I storming of the stall.

"Leave my horse alone! I mean it! I will get Sam and he will hear about this!" I threaten.

"Go back to your ponies girl" the closest man to me snears. His hair is thinning and teeth were yellow. I try not to show my disgust as I speak.

"You'll regret not listening to me." I whisper. He looks back at me and his buddy stops. "Luca!!!" I yell out praying to god he hears me other wise I'm toast.

Hooves thunder into the stable and a big black friesian horse and a dapple grey storm in. Both men stumble away and one falls. "Now leave." I hiss. They scramble away and mumble about stealing horses somewhere else.

I sigh and hug Sebastian and Luca.  "Thank you boys." I murmer. They nuzzle me back but luca nips at Sebastian when he lingers to long. Sebastian snorts and trots out.

Watching sebastian go I send Luca an annoyed look. With a flip of his mane he gives me an innocent look. Mhm...

Suddenly I feel a kick from the baby growing in my tummy. Startled I gasp and grab my round belly. Luca shifts and grabs my arms. "Are you alright?!" His concerned eyes check my face then take basic vitals.

"I'm fine, I'm fine..." grumbling I push his hands away. "Just a kick is all." He frowns then goes to find the pants he had on before. I watch him go and try to keep my eyes above waist level. Lets face it... he has a cute butt.

Turning I look to sarah who is laying down in her stall again. Poor girl...  I move closer to the open door and knock slightly on it. "Hey."

Sarah's head snaps up and she bares her teeth. Standing my ground I crouch best I could with my belly. "Cut the act sarah. You and I both know its not going to get you any where. I know you're hurting emotionally, I can relate." Sarah's eyes narrow when I speak the last part.

She shifted so fast I didnt have time to register it before she was in my face. "You cant relate to me at all. You have everything and you've never known anything else." She snaps. Off guard from her sudden change I fall back on my behind.

Looking up at her I smile slightly. "That might be true. I've been a horse for a while and I know you have too but not as long as I have." I take a breath and continue "my life changed whennits shifted in Sebastian's barn. Despite what you think that scared me. All I've ever known is horse. Sure I've been free and not in the prison of John a long as you. but I've had A fair share of torture from him."

"That doesnt mean anything to me. What has he done to you that he hasn't done to me." She growls. She shoves her scares in my face "you see these? They were inflicted by the scrum himself."

Tears start to for in the corners of my eyes. "I have some too." I show her the few cuts that john had given me. They were mostly small ones on my arms but not to noticable.

"Well then you know what I've been through only a little bit." She narrows her eyes at me.

"Did...john ever touch you?" I ask.

"No. why?" Her harsh reply stung a bit.

"Becouse...he..." tears slip down my cheeks and in the blur of them I saw Sarah's face turn to concern for the first time. I dont know why I ask her but I wanted to known if I wants the only violated one.

"He what amber." She says slowly kneeling down. She lost the attitude and now she looks friendly and concerned.

"He touched me and... did things." I whisper. All the memories rushed back. The ones I couldnt ponder while I was on the run. I was numb to those feelings till now. I wanted to be Sarah's friend so I could help her with her anger.

I was startled when sarah threw her arms around me. "It's ok." She says awkwardly.  She rubs small circles. "Maybe I was wrong to judge you so quickly. I though you were honestly just sleeping around. John spoke so highly of his "prized mare" I though you were freely walking around."

"That is so far from the truth..." I sniffle. I tell sarah all I had been through and the forced baby jn my stomach now. Sarah and I ended up making a small bond that day. We talked a little and she shifted and walked with me for a while at the fair.

It just wasnt long till we had to move again. A horrid voice laughs behind me. "Well looky here fellas."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BETCHA DIDNT SEE THAT COMING!!!

Alright this is an update for now. Im still scraping by in school and remember these chapters are on the fly so they will not be edited or rechecked till I have free time. Which is almost never becouse I spend the only free time on updates when I can. Love you guys!!