Ch-21 Dangers of my world.

Dancing with the devil, by demi lavato

Song above

Marcus POV

I shield Violetta from the shards of broken glass.

The bullets started to fall from all directions. The musicians and the staff fell down as the bullet hit them. I kicked the table down to put a guard between the bullets and us.

It didn't stop the bullets though, it was enough time for us to get away.

I took out my gun from my inner pocket. I didn't had clear view, only could peek from the whole made in the table from the bullets.

I gave a quick glance. By the count of bullets and fire count. There must be around 20 men or so...

I had only one gun. Not much bullets.

Violetta was holding on to me, she flinched with every bullets that shot.

I have to get her to safety. No matter what happens to me. She is my priority.

"Marcus! What is happening?!" She screamed scared.

I shot back at them. No relief. "I managed to take my phone out of my pocket and dialled Vincent.
He picked up. "Vince! I got 20 armed men aiming at me. They seems trained ... probably Petrallie men! I need back up!"

"I will be there in few minutes." He ended the call.

I looked at the watch. It will most probably take 10 mins for Vincent to get here, but we won't be able to hold off till then unless to escape somehow.

I gave my gun to Violetta.

"Here take this!"

"Wha..what?! I can't shoot"

"Just aim straight and pull the trigger." I showed her the safety and trigger.

"Are you crazy ?!" She cried and panicked. I took off my jacket and covered her.

One of the men threw a grenade at us.

Shit!

I immediately took Violetta and rolled to the side of the bar counter for shelter. I hugged her covering her ears. The bomb went off. She screamed in fear.

The Celling of the bar shelf collapsed due to the grenade impact. I covered her like shield and the rest hit my head and back. The impact made my head bleed. The broken bottles struck me. My shirt was torn & I started to bleed. I looked at her.

"Are you okay?" She was shaken up. Small cuts and bruises nothing serious.

"Marcus! We are gonna die!" She cried.

I cupped her face. "Look at me! We are not gonna die! Trust me." I kissed her lips. "Be brave for me tiger. We will get out of this soon." She nodded. I knew these men were aiming for me. She was colateral damage. But I could forgive if something happened to her.

I peeked to the kitchen. It was empty. It leads to the roof.

"We have to make a run for it."

As soon as the men took pause to reload we ran towards the kitchen back door, towards the roof. The restaurant was on hill top so we need to run back to the car.

I jumped off the roof. The ground was not far. The distance and height was minute.

But Violetta was scared to jump off. I did read in her file, she was afraid of heights.

She couldn't step forward.

"Jump!" I screamed at the top of my lung to her.

A bomb blasted behind her. They are blowing up the restaurant thinking we were inside. She screamed and sat down covering her ears.

If she doesn't jump then they might get her. I have to getting to her. I screamed on top of my lungs.

"Violetta!"

"Jump! I will catch you!! Jump!" I screamed at her. My little tiger please be brave for me!! Please.

She opened her eyes, looked me.

"I will catch you, Violetta..." I said again looking deep in her eyes. Calming her for down.

She ran jumping off the roof into my strong arms....

"I got you baby. I got you." I took her in my arms and ran towards the car but one guns men noticed us.

"Stop! Or I will shoot."

"Don't be hasty ..." I put Violetta down and stood in front of her like a guard.

I raised my hands in the air," leave her out of this... take me." I thew the gun on the floor.

"Oh, I do tend to take you Marcus! The Petralli has ordered me to bring your head in a plate. But I cannot leave any witnesses. Sorry." He laughed pointing the gun at her.

I didn't care and Shield her. I don't care if I die but nothing can happen to her. "No Marcus" she protested.

*bang.* the shot was heard. Violetta ! I checked her and myself, it didn't pass us through. I looked forward.

The guy in front of me fell down. Vincent shot him.

"Finally." I said in appreciation. "You took your time." My mens took over the area and took out the shooters.

He gave me his gun. " I came through tough." He laughed.

He turns to face Violetta. "Are you okay baby?" This was the worse date I could give her. With all the violence...

"You were about to take a bullet for me?!" She asked.

"Well... your my priority tiger. I will take 1000 bullets for you..." I chuckled.

She slapped me. Wow wasn't expecting that.

" are you crazy?! Don't do that! Value your life a little Marcus." She was hyperventilating.

"I am sorry okay calm down baby... slow breaths."

"If something happened to you then?!" She panicked

"Slow down, slow baby." I tried to calm her down.

"I...I..—" she fainted. I took her in my arms.

I made my way towards Vincent. " is she okay?"

"Just fainted... I am gonna take her home." I told him. He nodded in agreement.

"Don't worry I will handle everything here."he said.

"And Vincent make the once pay who tried to hurt her throw me..." I said clenching my fist.

"Noted." We part ways.

I took her to my mansion. I changed her dirty clothes, didn't had any options. I sent the maids home. And put her to bed. She curled up like a ball. So small and frightened.

I sat next to her, after removing my bloody clothes.  "Isshhh, I got you. Your safe. " I brushed her hair with my hands. She subconsciously held my other hand. I didn't wanted to let go, so I got into bed next to her. I took her in my arms and dried to sleep.

I didn't knew how much power She has over me. Without her I am powerless and with her I am stronger than ever.

I wanna protect her forever,

How a normal date turned out this way?

After all these.... Will she still be mine?

And that thought scared me. Cause I don't wanna let go of her. Cause I love her. It was the First time I understood what love is....