Ch 1 The seperation

"Best you ever had- inanna "

Violetta POV

"take care of yourself and don't party too much," Henry told me with caution. I knew he was worried for my well being. I know how crazy I become when I drink.

"Don't worry. I promise to be safe." I smiled and kissed his lips.

"Come on Romeo let Juliet go. Or she is going to miss her flight." My best friend Nina said to him, leaning on the luggage.

I picked up my suitcase and made my way towards the airport gate. As I was about to leave when he held my hand and pulled me into a hug.

"I will miss you, Vi, "

"I will too." I hugged him back.

"I will be here to pick you up from the airport by the time you are back." He said separating from me.

"I know. And you also, take care." I separated from him.

I gave him one last kiss on the lips and made my way inside the gates.

I glanced back and saw him fading in the mids of the crowd. I took a deep breath and looked forward walking ahead.

"I am so excited! I have you to myself for the whole wedding." Nina said excited locking arms with me. "This will be the best bachelorette party ever!" I giggled.

"It would have been nice if Henry could also have joined us," Nina said.

"Well, he couldn't leave his students to hang mid-semester. He is after all he is a brilliant professor in the physics department." I said.

We both handed our tickets after check-in. And settled in the seats of the flight. The air hostess handed us a glass of champagne and we bucked up for take-off.

"I still can't believe You're getting married. Moreover also to Mr. famous french chef. Luke Garcon."

She took a sip of her champagne," remember what I told you when we were small? I attract the best." She giggled.

"I am just glad you found love,..." I said to her.

"Awww your so sweet vi. By the way, when will I hear the good news about you and Henry?" She winked at me.

"I don't know..."

"Come on you guys are dating the longest... it's almost 5 years.. he should have proposed to you by now."

"Umm... " I thought to myself, lately we haven't found the connection to each other... I mean we love each other but the in-love feeling is missing somewhere... or there is some distance between us...I don't know. It is just not the same. Something changed. The way we look at each other now is more like a stranger...

"You love him right?"

"I do but.... he is so safe..."

"Is that bad?"

"No! But something is missing...like passion, romance, thrill adventures..."

She cut me off. "Honey your not living in a movie.." she laughed.

"I know... " I smiled thinking I was being silly.

The plane took off.

"Whatever the case be! I promise you this ... you will have the best time of your life." She clinks her glass with mine.

I smiled at her and looked outside the window to the clouds. I wish life was more exciting...

The plane took off and Nina slept most of that duration but I was reading a book a bought for the flight. I like old love stories so I was reading the book ' the time traveller wife'. One of my favourite stories.