Ch-16 Drenched in blood yet looked so holy

You remind me - gryffin

Violetta POV

I stood there confused where to go first. Marcus left me standing here alone in a place where not a drop of water could be seen. I looked around my surroundings . The road was dry and dusty. I followed his instructions and made my to the bunker. After waking a few step I saw a small bunker 50 meters away from me. As I made my step towards there, I left something sticky on my shoes. I looked down and it was blood.

Dark red gushing blood, covered the whole place. I look ahead to find the source of it. It was coming from the bunker. I swallowed my dry throat and walked a head. Not in fear but in realisation that it's something shivering behind the curtains. Before I could enter I saw the man who was with Marcus came running towards me.

"Miss. Clove, my name is Vincent. Marcus wants you to have this." He handed me a doctors white coat. I put it on. "Please keep this with you all times. The military will be here soon and without it you might get in trouble." I nodded, putting on the of card of identification doctor around my neck. I made my hair into a pony.

"Where is Marcus?"

"He is taking care of a business, thus he sent me to accompany you and keep you safe."

"What behind the curtain can i ask? What is this place? Whats with all the blood."

"I am sorry I am not the one to answer these questions. The less you know is better miss. Marcus trusted you thus he bought you in"

"Call me Vi."he nodded and we went in. Inside the bunker there were girl of all ages. From 14 to 23 all covered in bruises and bleeding. Some so skinny that it's malnutrition. I didn't had to think twice but I could tell by looking. They were abused, hurt and scared.

"Oh my god what is this?!" I gasped looking at the horrific conditions of the girls. Some cried and some moved away in fear.

"They are the onces we rescued yesterday in operation. They were kidnapped and abducted from different places to use in sex trafficking. " I was shocked to hear it. I looked at the girls so small and innocent. I was filled with anger and disgust for who would do such a thing.

I made my way towards the girls. They shivered and backed away. I could see they were beaten. "Please don't be afraid, I am a doctor." I showed them my I'd. "I have come to take care of you all." I watched my step slowly.

A little girl came to me," you will take me to my mommy?" Her arm was bleeding. Faced covered with purple bruise. I felt hurt.

I made my way towards. The girls cower in fear. I gave one girl my hand. She immediately bite it. Vincent quickly separated that girl from me. My hand was bleeding.

"Are you okay?" He asked me worried.

"I am it just a small bite cut. They are scared... my approach was wrong."

I took small steps towards them and raised my hands up surrendering and smiled.

"what's your name sweetie?" I smiled at her, lowering myself to meet her eye level.

"I am Emily."

"Well Emily, I am violetta, can I take a look at your arm?" I asked her and reached my hand. "I will not hurt you. I promise I am a doctor."

"Yes." She gave me her arm. I put on my gloves. Vincent gave me the medicine kit they had. I picked up the stethoscope. I checked her pulse . It was weak. I cleaned her wound and checked her face for injuries. Her nose was broken. Her lower abdomen was swollen from beating. Good thing no haemorrhage. I bandaged her arm. "How old are you Emily."

"I am 13."

A freaking 13 year old! Who is the motherfuker! Did this?!

I checked other girls too. "And you sweetie? "

The girl with ginger hair replied," I am 16. "

As I checked more I could easily tell most of them were rapped and tortured.

"Will you take me to my mom? "Emily spoke.

"I will sweetie." I hugged her.

"What if the bad guy with a scar comes here." She cried.

"I will protect you then." I hugged her after treating her wounds.

My heart ached and anger took over my head. What kind of monster can do this to innocent girls?!

I got out of the bunker tiny gloomy room to the outside surface, where sun was scorching.

I kept my strength and sat down on the ground. "Vi? Are you okay?"

"Yes... I am fine. Just overwhelmed. To see such cruelty done to them.!" It hurt me inside.

"You should take care of your hand." He said looking at cut.

"I will as soon as treat the rest." I went inside after saying. There not much first aid rid and bandages to spare, my priority is to treat them.

I finished treating them.

We both came out of the bunker with the girls. They were safely transported to the ambulance. After I led the girls to safety. I sat down in one of the tent. "Stay here. I will fetch Marcus." Vincent left after saying so.

I took the bottle of water kept at the edge of the small desk and drank it. It's so hot here that dehydration probably be the first symptom. Suddenly I heard gun shots and a girl crying. I took the knife kept on the table for protection.

I rush outside only to witness their was a cross fire happened between two gangs. One seems like the bad guys and another in black suits. Probably Marcus people. I concentrate to the sound of the cry of the girl where it was coming from. I followed the voice and saw that some of the girl were loaded in a black truck by some guys with heavy guys. Emily was also there. She cried and screamed.

I have to do something!

I made my way across the truck by ducking & hiding. They loaded the girls and locked the truck. There were two guys. One got in the drivers seat and another walked away to check the escape route.

I took the knife and slashed the tires. The engine started and I hid behind the concrete walls and rubbles. The truck could not move cause of the tires. One the guys got out of the truck to check them and I took the opportunity to pick up the block of concrete lying beside me and smack his head with it.

Yes successful! The man fell down unconscious.

I quickly opened the locks and helped the girls get down. "Hurry! Run."

I was helping them to get away and I forgot that there was a second guy present. The driver. I head a trigger revoke the safety behind me and a gun held back to my head.

"Move it bitch!" He said. I raised my hands in the air. I slowly turned back.

It was bald man holding a gun in-front of my face.

"Get away from the girls!" He ordered.

Emily cried and hugged me. I stood as a guard between him and them. "No."

"Move it! Or you will die!" He shouted. In his Russian accent.

My heart was racing. But I couldn't leave the girls to die here. Even if I die here! I need to take a stand or be a coward.

I took a deep breath.

Is this how I end?