Ch 33 Have to let go

Zombie -bad wolves

Violetta POV

I woke up in my usual bed sheets, but not alone. Beside me was Henry lying asleep. After coming back from the Nina wedding reception and back to the states he has been more attentive. When he proposed to me, it definitely got me by surprise, even though I knew it was coming. Some part of me couldn't believe it. Moreover cause I didn't expect it from him. We came back, and it's been like 3 months. After what happened at Nina wedding I blocked Marcus. I didn't wanted any connection with him. Remember him just makes me sad, cry and reminisce. But, still I couldn't get him out of my head. Everything reminded me of him.

I looked down on the diamond ring on my finger.

You said yes, remember?

I did.

But why I feel like something is missing?

All I ever wanted was to fall in love, marry the man I love, then why I am not satisfied or happy when all my dreams are coming true?

Henry moaned and got up from his sleep.

"Hey beautiful, good morning. " he kissed my lips. I smiled. "Sleep okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah I did."

He looked at the time. "Woah I am late! My class is going to start."

Getting out of the bed making his way to the bathroom in his boxers.

I also got out of bed to get ready. Today I was supposed to go & shop for a wedding dress. Henry parents are in town for the weekend for the same.

After brushing my teeth & shower. I got dressed. We sat down to have breakfast. As I rolled the butter on my toasty bread he started speaking ," so mom has decided on the venue near Seattle. She will meet you today to finalise on the dress and all other stuff." Henry didn't wanted to wait anymore and wanted to have the wedding within next week. So lots to do and prepare in a short time.

"I thought we are having my wedding in California where my parents live..."  I kept my toast on the plate in confusion. I don't want dad to travel so much after his heart surgery.

"I know but mom was so excited to have it where they got married I just couldn't deny them." He told me.

I signed and agreed," fine, as long as you are happy." I cut into the apple in front of me. "How about the Falling stars for our wedding band?"

He kept the newspapers down. " I am sorry Vi, I forgot to tell you. I already booked us a band. "

I stopped eating," what?"

"Yeah my brother recommended an amazing band which they used in their wedding and I thought it would be great to keep it in the family."

"Henry you could have asked me." I kept the fork down irritated. It was kind of a sly move. It's my wedding too! It was like I was not part of planning anything.

He looked at me properly. "Oh Vi, I am sorry I didn't thought it would be an issue." He got up from his seat and kneeled down to match my height in the chair. He held my hand. "I just don't want you to worry. All is taken care off. I want want you to sit back, focus on your dress." And kissed my lips after finishing. Then he got up and made his back to his seat, "Well I gotta go now. See you in the evening." He  took his briefcase and left.

He is taking care of everything, although it's a sweet gesture but, I wanted my wedding to be memorable. The way I liked...

I guess it's okay too.

I got in the cab and went to St. Claire wedding dress store, where I was meeting Henry mom, Kathrine. My parents couldn't be here cause my mom had their flight canceled.