II.

"Family of a Delontae Daniels?" Asked the tall lanky doctor coming out of the double doors and into the waiting room.
I immediately jumped up, and responded.
"Yes, that's me. Is he alright?"
The doctor examined his chart.
"Your Mr. Daniels?" He asked.
"Legally, yes."
Yes, me and Tae were legally married. Though it never came up in conversation, I was still his husband when legal matters like this came up, which wasn't that often. Tae liked to keep a low profile, most of the time.
"Well he's suffered a lot of trauma from the accident, no visible brain damage of any sorts. He has about 4 broken bones, 2 in his ribs, 1 in his leg, and the other in the arm he used to block himself when he initially crashed."
My heart damn near skipped a beat. I honestly had no idea how to feel, about any of this.
I sat back down in the chair, and slowly started to sink into it.
"But, Mr. Daniel's is expected to make a speedy recovery," the doctor continued on. "We're going to keep him for the next few days so he wont be in too much pain when he's released."
I nodded my head in acknowledgement.
"Can I see him?" I asked softly, not one hundred percent sure if that was a good idea or not.
"Yes, he's stable now. He's in 9A if you would like to follow me."
I followed the doctor to Tae's room, and grew cautious the more and more we got closer to his room.
The doctor opened the door for me and said, "Don't stay too long, he needs his rest. I have your credentials, we'll be in touch Mr. Daniels."
How I wished he'd stop saying that. The thought of divorce never really crossed my mind, I honestly thought Tae and I would stick this relationship out, but God definitely had other plans.
I crept slowly to where Tae was laying, and caressed his bruised cheek.
To my surprise, he woke up shortly after.
"You stayed with me the whole time?" Tae asked, in between breaths, with a small smirk forming across his face.
"Yeah, I couldn't leave you in the condition you were in." I said, sitting down in the chair adjacent to his bed.
"I love you Myles." He said, with a hint of passion glistening in his eyes.
"Tae, look." I said, taking the world's deepest breath. "I'm here for emotional support, i really don't want you getting the wrong idea."
He tried to sit up, but the pain he was clearly still in restricted any further movement.
I continued, "Don't strain your body trying to move, just relax. You got me here for a hour or so."
"What your new man got you on a schedule?" He said sarcastically.
I rolled my eyes. Even in pain, he still manages to be an asshole.
In actuality, Noland hadn't even crossed my mind with everything that was going on. I checked my phone to see if I had any missed notifications. A couple texts and a missed phone call had his name beside it. Fuck.
I shook my head, not knowing how he would take me being here in the hospital making sure my ex was okay. I made a mental note to call him after I left here.
"No, your doctor feels you need rest. Which telling from the wince of your last effort to get up, along with the smart ass comments I must say I agree with him."
Tae looked at me like he wanted to challenge what I said, but thought better of it and said nothing.
"But like I said," as I continued, "I'm just here for emotional support."
"None of this would've happened if you would've just took me back."
Puzzled by his brutal opinions, I jerked my head back.
"None of this would have happened if you hadn't cheated on me. I never intend to kick a man when he's already down, but your pushing it." I said with a irritated look, hoping his ass would hop off this subject and think about the future of getting better, getting out of here and getting out of my hair, for good.
He sat there in silence. Guess my words must've hit a nerve he didn't think I could hit. Better stop fucking playing with me, I'm here because I feel bad this happened to him, not because I want him back. Motherfuckers and their egos. Boy please!
I interjected again, "Nothing to say Richard?"
He cut his eyes at me and said, "You know I hate when you call me that."
"Don't piss me off, and I wouldn't have to."
"I'm sorry, Myles."
Like I haven't heard that line a thousand and three times.
"I forgave you along time ago, I just wish you let this fantasy of us being together again go. It's not going to happen, and for that I'm sorry."
His emotionless faced expressed sadness as he looked down at the floor.
"You want a divorce, don't you?" He said, breaking a awkward silence.
Before I could respond, my phone started ringing.
I looked at my phone to see who it was.
It was Noland calling.
I glanced at Tae, as I quickly answered the phone before it hung up.
"Hello?" I sang into the phone, trying to sound like my normal self.
"Where the hell have you been bae? Haven't heard from you."
I knew I couldn't tell a lie, not one that could totally jeopardize the relationship with the man that saved my life, literally.
I took a deep breath, and thought of my words carefully.
"I'm in the hospital."