𝑶𝒖𝒕𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆.

"The defense enters exhibit B into evidence, Your Honor." My lawyer called out proudly, shining the light of truth onto the projector's screen.
"You may proceed with questioning." The judge said enduringly. I bet she wanted to get this over with and go home just like I was.
"Mr. Daniel, do you know what's on this projector screen you see here in front of you today?"
"Yes I do." He said, nonchalantly.
"Do you mind letting everyone in the courtroom what it is?"
"It's a text message thread."
"And can you tell me with whom you were sharing this conversation with?"
He took a long pause.
"ANSWER THE QUESTION, Mr. Daniel." Judge Hernandez said, seeming to lose somewhat of her patience she had coming into this case.
"Quan."
"I'm sorry, can you state the person you were having this conversation with by full name please?"
"MarQuan Tellaford." He said between clenched teeth. I looked him in his eyes, he looked into mine. This is not the place you want to act up in boy, take responsibility for what YOU did. For once in ya life. You can't hurt me anymore, Tae. I mouthed the words "I won." and he slowly titled his head down and waited for whatever interrogation my lawyer had for him.
"Can you read the first highlighted area aloud for me, Mr. Daniel?"
"THEY AT THE LAWYER'S OFFICE ROUND THE WAY. WHERE NEEK NEEK AND THEM HAD THAT SEX PARTY WE HOSTED."
"Can you read the second part for me?"
"HOW LONG HAVE THEY BEEN THERE?"
"Oh you might as well do us the Honors, Mr. Daniel." My lawyer said, smirking. He knew he had this one in the bag, 'cause I didn't even know about this piece of evidence. Guess this came up last minute. Nonetheless, I wanted to hear what he had to say.
"THEY JUST GOT HERE, SHOULD STAY PUT FOR A LITTLE MINUTE. WANT ME TO GO HEAD AND HIT EM."
He swallowed before he continued.
"NAH, ILL HANDLE IT MYSELF. IM ALREADY IN THE AREA, I GOT IT ON ME."
"Thank you for your cooperation, Mr. Daniel. Just a few more questions."
My lawyer flipped through to a picture.
"After you got that text you met up with Mr. Tellaford anyways, correct?"
"Yes."
"In the screenshot of the surveillance footage we got off the street cameras, you see Mr. Tellaford handing you something. What exactly was he handing you, Mr. Daniel?"
He looked over at Quan, there was no way he could save him from this. If anything he'd be going down with him.
"HE DID IT!!!! IT WAS ALL HIS IDEA! I didn't want anything to do with this shit Your Honor!" Quan stood up and yelled throughout the courtroom.
"SIT DOWN AND CONTROL YOUR OUTBURSTS MR. TELLAFORD! Or I will hold you in contempt of this court!"
I saw Quan take his seat, looking defeated in his plea. Poor thing didn't think he'd be caught in the bullshit of Delontaé Daniel. We both were fucking idiots. One more idiotic than the other, in this case.
"He handed me a gun."
"To shoot my client?"
"Yes." He said looking nervous for the first time in his life.
"No further questions your honor."