II.

My lawyer chimed in, and said, "Your Honor, if I may? The people enter exhibit A into counter evidence."
The judge peered at Tae's lawyer.
"I'll allow."
The video and audio was very clear, Tae paid top dollar just to make sure it was. I bet he's wishing he hadn't. Dumb ass.
""It can be our little secret Myles, c'mon bro. You know you want this dick." Quan said on the video. I looked over to see him slouching down slowly in the chair. Mmm mm mmm, niggas ain't yo' niggas. Definitely tried to tell dumb dumb dat, but it obviously fell on deaf ears looking at where we find ourselves today. Wasting precious fucking time.
The rest of the video played, and left the jury appalled, if their quiet, tight lipped, eyes widened expressions could convey anything else.
"No further questions, Your Honor." Tae's lawyer said, sounding defeated as he made his way back to his table.
"The defense calls Delontae Richard Daniels to the stand." I watched as he swayed his way to the stand and took a seat. Bastard had a smile on his face, I wonder what my lawyer has in store for him.
"Mr. Daniels, do you understand what a restraining order is?"
I seen the smile on Tae's face instantly break in half.
"Yes, I do."
"Are you sure? Where were you headed to on the night my client had to physically defend himself from you?"
Tae swallowed hard, trying to think of an answer that might make his story sound credible.
"I was on my way to the gym."
"With no gym bag? A change of clothes? A water bottle for the most part? Just a gun and some inspiration huh?"
"OBJECTION! Badgering your Honor."
"Overruled, the defendant can answer the question."
"I left it in my car."
"Your Honor, the people enter exhibit B into evidence. In the security camera Your Honor you will see Mr. Daniels reaching into the back seat of a vehicle, and we see what we made out to be certain was a .32 he then slipped into his waistband. No gym bag." My lawyer finished up, looking at a sweating Tae.
He continued on with his line of questioning.
"So, Mr. Daniels. Which one is it? Did you leave the gym bag on accident or did you not have any intention in bringing it with you?"
"I left it by mistake." Tae said, shifting in the seat.
"So why bring the gun? To the gym? Which states in the bylaws of the building: no guns permitted on premises. Furthermore, being that you've had a membership with them for the last 4 years I'm pretty sure your well aware of that."
"Yes, sir. I am."
"So what was the gun for?"
"Protection." Tae said and looked across the room at me.
"Protection from whom, Mr. Daniels? My client? Whose house you broke into months prior to this trial."
"OBJECTION! Relevance, Your Honor." Tae's lawyer chimed, obviously seeing this was going downhill for him.
"I'll allow. Answer the question, Mr. Daniels."
"Yes, that's exactly who I needed protection from."
"So when you shot at him first, we're you "protecting." yourself?"
"OBJECTION!"
"No further questions, your honor." My lawyer said, and took a seat beside me.
"He has no case, when we enter this last piece of evidence into it it's game over." He said, and sat back up straight. I slouched in my seat a bit and looked at Noland, I wonder what was next to come.