III.

3 Weeks Later ...

          "Bae, it's your turn." I said, nudging Noland on his arm, because he was again not paying attention to our game of uno.
He turned around, smiled and planted a kiss on my lips.
"I'm sorry bae, it's Philadelphia Vs Dallas. We 26 up bae, I'm still playin' though."
Niggas and they football. But with a smile like that, I'd let him get away with murder.
I blush a little bit and say, "It's okay." Only because he always got so hype when his hometown was playing. It made me smile to see it unfold every time.
CRASH!
The sound of glass breaking made Noland and I jump out of our skins.
"Bae what the hell was that?" Noland asked, getting up.
I followed behind him out the hallway and into the kitchen where the sound came from.
I gasped when I saw my kitchen window had a huge hole in it, with the remaining pieces of glass on the counter and floor.
"Bae be careful." I said, trying to step around the glass to find what exactly caused the window to break.
"Come look at this, bae." Noland said, pointing to the red brick laying on the kitchen floor.
Who the hell would do this? I thought to myself.
"There's a note on it."
I took the brick from his hands and unwrapped the note that was rubber-banned to it and read it over:
Get rid of old boy and I'll behave.
No the fuck he didn't. I know he didn't.
"What's goin' on Bae? Who is old boy?" Noland asked, genuinely confused by it all.
"Old boy is you bae. My ex did this."
Noland's eyes lit up with a anger i'd never thought I'd see.
"I'll kill that son of a bitch." He said, now pacing the floor.
Although the thought of Noland beating the literal hell out of Tae pleased me in this moment, I knew I couldn't allow him to put himself in a situation he had nothing to do with. I was gonna handle Tae my damn self.
"I'll take care of it."
"I know you will Bae. Invite him over, tell him you left me."
I looked at him with a perplexed expression.
"What do you have up your sleeve Mr. Noland?"
He took a shot of Fireball I had in my cabinet, flashed a dimple and said calmly, "Pay back."
Filled with rage, I called Tae's phone.
He answered it on the first ring.
"Came to your senses fast huh?"
Oh I definitely came to my senses alright. Now it's your turn.
"Yes, he's gone. Please just come back home babe so we can talk about all of this." I said, wanting to wash my tongue with soap after letting those awful words escape my lips.
"I'm on my way." And with that he hung up.
Startled by his presence, Noland came up from behind me and said, "Don't worry about anything beautiful, I won't overdo it." He laughed.
He's laughing. I don't know who should be more worried, Tae or me.