II.

Quan and Tae's sentencing was the talk of the neighborhood, if you'd guess anything less. Tae was sentenced to 13 years with no chance of parole, and Quan got sentenced 8 years with the possibility of parole in 4 for being an accessory. Serves his dumb ass right. Least they gave him a break, he definitely set all this in motion when he could've just backed out. But oh fuckin' well, I bet they learn they lesson.
     I pulled up to my crib, to see Noland outside playing with our adopted son, Navon. It was always a sight to see them together, we had him every since he was 1, and everyday he just gets bigger and bigger.
"Hey, my boys." I called out from the car.
"Daddy!!!" Navon calls out running to me.
I scoop him up in my arms.
"Hey, my butt butt. You been good today?"
I watch him shake his head yes, probably knowing he should be shaking it no. I giggled to myself and turned to Noland.
"Hey my other big baby."
"I am a big baby aren't I?" He said in between kisses.
"Yes you are, 228 pounds of it." I said, stroking his chest playfully.
"See that's how you got Navon, you better go head & leave this dragon in its cage." He said jogging slowly away from me.
I just laugh at him. I check on Navon, and he's on my side of the bed watching his cartoons.
Phew boy, you and yo' daddy... what am I gonna do? I thought to myself when I felt arms wrapped around me.

But this was my life.