𝑯𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒎𝒆𝒕...

"You gotta put your head up, crazy." My good friend Kandace said, grabbing my head and positioning it upright for the next braid she was about to do. Kandace had been a good friend ever since I helped her that time when she was getting jumped by the SouthSide Boyz. I know what you're probably thinking. Why in the hell is niggas jumping a female? Well, Kandace wasn't all female. She was a trans-man. In simpler terms, she was born a male but transitioned into a female. And believe it or not, a lot of niggas out the hood respected her. Male or female, my bitch stood on pure business whenever she was on the scene. But like with pretty much anything "different", there's always someone or someone(s) who don't like it. The SouthSide Boyz later got arrested for hate crime and was sent away for a nice little while. Dumbasses.
After I cleaned her all up she did my hair as a token of her appreciation and we've been besties ever since.
"My bad, I was tryna respond to what's his face."
"Who is what's it face?" She asked.
"Richard."
"Oh, mm. You know I have no words for that nigga." She scoffed.
I let out a small chuckle as I felt the tugging of my hair being braided.
"I know."
"You need to let me hook you up wit' Delontae. He did say you were cute." She said smirking.
I paused and thought it about it again. Delontae. Deloooooontae. Ohhh! Delontae.
"That light skin boy I seen at your party."
"Yup."
"He is cute as hell though."
"Facts, I know you peep that print Myles. Not even tryna be on no weird shit."
"Yeah, now that I remember that print was printing. Definitely not lacking in that department. I'll see where the nigga head at."
"Cool, cool. I'll set it up while you go stare in the mirror. You're done." She said blow drying the mousse she just applied on my braids.
"Look at you." I said giggling and getting up to head to the bathroom.
Lord, she boutta try to be Love Jones Connection. He seems alright, with his pretty bright ass. Hopefully he's not too much for me. We'll see where the nigga head at, like I said earlier.
I turned on the light in the bathroom and was more than pleased with my hair. Kandace had gifted hands, with the hair skills and street skills, if you know you know.
A knock at the door startled my thoughts.
"Come in." I said, still admiring my hair.
"He said you wanna text him or just have him pull up?"
I thought about it for a second.
Might as well see what he on.