Chapter 3

A/N: I own nothing but the plot. Enjoy!

*******************

When Percy and his team of shadow guards headed towards where he recalled the attack on the Kiran princess would be, he was afraid that the three days he had allocated for travelling had not been enough, even with using the transportation portals to shave several days of travelling through Eldoris.

The Kirans were a disgusting and ruthless bunch, Percy thought. They only attacked the princess as soon as they were over the border from Kiran crossing into Eldoris so they could blame the death on Eldoris.

Sure enough, as soon as they had reached the borders, the attack had already begun. The timing had been tight. Far too tight. But this time instead of the carnage of a collapsed carriage and littered bodies, he saw a slim figure of a woman fleeing the scene on horseback. But the people chasing her were quickly closing in.

Percy sent down the orders for arrows to fly, cutting down the pursuers. Then when Percy caught the princess before she crashed into the woods, he was shocked at how emaciated she felt, even though he knew that she had been starved by her own family.

But what really stood out to him was her grey eyes. In the brief moment when she was still alive in her past life, her grey eyes were dull and lifeless. But now despite her gaunt appearance, the princess's grey eyes were now sharp and bright. This was the look of someone who wanted to survive.

Now, the princess was sitting tall on the horse in front of him, injured but decidedly very much alive. She stared down at the bound matron from Kiran.

"Hey, you. Shut the fuck up."

Everyone's heads snapped to attention. No one expected such uncouth words to come out of a princess' mouth. Even Percy's eyebrow twitched.

"W-what did you say?" The old woman said in disbelief.

"Are you deaf, Dame Lune?" The princess scoffed. "I see you're deaf in addition to having brain damage in your old age. According to your logic, you're a Kiran noble so you shouldn't be harmed, but it's okay to try to murder me? A Kiran princess? No, you ugly hag. By your logic, you're the traitor who deserves to be punished."

"W-why I never-" The matron's mouth opened and closed like a fish. "You are mistaken, Princess, I would never hurt you! How dare you insinuate that I would harm you!"

Percy slid off the horse. One of his men came up and kneeled.

"Your Majesty. The assassins are from Kiran as well, but they were carrying weapons of Eldorisian make. It's possible that they were planning to blame this on Eldoris, Your Majesty."

Percy glanced over the evidence carefully, but the answer was what he had expected, since it had all happened in the past. He even knew that it was most likely his stepmother or one of her cronies who had supplied the Eldorisian weapons to Kiran. And this time, Percy had even seen Dame Lune try to pull the princess towards danger. Thank the gods that he had arrived on time this lifetime.

"I see this is how Kiran treats their royalty. But there is no need. As of today, the princess is no longer Kiran. She will be the Queen of Eldoris."

Still on top of the horse, the Kiran princess blinked at him in surprise.

"You still want to marry me?" She asked.

Percy's brown furrowed. "You know who I am?"

It might have been his imagination, but the Kiran princess seemed to pale slightly as though she had been caught saying something she shouldn't have. Looking up at her, he saw that there were bruises on her face in the shape of a handprint. Her golden hair, similar to that of Princess Alana's, was limp and dull. Even her cheeks were gaunt and her chin too sharp from lack of nutrition. Only her eyes were sharp and fierce in her face. She had suffered quite a bit before being escorted to Eldoris.