Chapter 37 (M)

A/N: I own the plot. Enjoy!

*********************************

The Grand Hall was already normally imposing enough with its polished white marble walls and brilliant crystal chandeliers. When it was empty save for the king's and queen's throne and two lines of royal knights standing guard at the walls, anyone would be intimidated.

Percy drummed his fingers on his throne impatiently as the queen settled down by his side. He had already not been pleased to hear that his great aunt and distant cousin were disrespecting his queen. Coupled with the fact that he had finally been almost able to resolve his bloodlust from overuse of his powers, Percy was ready to throw this brainless cousin to the wolves. The intelligence of the Eldoris royal bloodline had clearly ended a long time ago in the Grand Duchess' generation.

As if to soothe him, the queen grasped his hand. Percy smiled gently and squeezed her hand, acknowledging her comfort. Truly, it should be him comforting her. How she had been able to hold her anger during the tea time with his distant relatives, he wouldn't know. If it were not for the Grand Duchess' blood relation to him, he felt the queen would have kicked out the guests a long time ago.

Lady Ceto was finally dragged in, bound and looking far more rumpled than the colorful peacock she had tried to imitate earlier. When she tried to stand up to fix her hair bow, the knights pushed her to her knees again.

"Lady Ceto," Percy addressed. "You have insulted the queen today, and as a result, have insulted me. You have also committed the crime of trespassing and breaking in. Well? Do you have anything to say for yourself?"

"But Cousin- Your Majesty, I have fallen in love with you even from my childhood! Why do you trample my feelings so?"

The knights pushed Lady Ceto down once more, not caring that the delicate noble lady was bruising her knees.

"Lady Ceto, I can understand that you like the king. However, forcing someone to accept your feelings would only force the person away from you, understand? You'd be a nuisance at that point." The queen gently said.

"You stay out of it!" Lady Ceto snapped.

"Impudent!"

Percy's patience snapped. His bloodlust had barely been assuaged so this brat was truly pushing him over the edge.

Fwoosh! All the water from the vases in the Giant Hall flew from their container and accumulated into a large mass over Lady Ceto's head. The guards quickly took a step back. Before Lady Ceto could protest, gallons of water dropped onto her, soaking everything in sight. Now the lady who had taken care to dress herself up in finery and silks was soaked like a bedraggled rat. Percy felt that this was more suitable for his distant cousin's true personality.

"Hopefully this cold water should wash that dirt clogging your brain. Wake up. Who are you? And who is the queen?" Percy spat.

"Oh, my, why do I feel like this look is more suitable to Lady Ceto?" The queen also lobbed a jab in.

"Suitable? Not a single bit of her holds up to you, my queen." Percy held her hand and kissed her knuckles.

The young woman was indignant as she tried to straighten her clothes as best as she could and wipe the water from her eyes. "I don't understand! She's not even as beautiful as I am! Why are you so blind?"

Her eyes glared at the queen.

"In what way can you ever compare to my queen? You do not have a good personality, nor are you knowledgeable in finance, economics, or foreign personality. Even your exterior appearance does not match a single iota of my queen."