Chapter 45

A/N: I own nothing but plot. Enjoy!

***********************************

Soft moans mixed with the hearty groans of a male filled the room. Nearby, a knight guarded the room, his face emotionless even as he watched the man and woman coupling on the bed.

Princess Alana endured as Prince Octavian finished sooner than expected. Fool, she thought, controlling her facial expression to that of ecstasy. Now that this spineless prince had finished and was basking in the afterglow, she could put her magic to use, infiltrating Octavian's mind once more.

Except for status, Octavian could not compare to the crown prince of Tynan or even the knight, Sir Luke Castellan, watching blankly right now. The lanky prince of Barinia was just a washed down version of the other men, save for having some cunningness.

Alana frowned. It had taken weeks for her and Octavian to come to some sort of agreement for Barinia and Kiran to align against the other countries. Were it not for Octavian's way of words, she would not have had to share her bed with this foul man. Somehow, Octavian was perceptive of her light magic, not allowing her to get too close to him to work her spell.

It was only when they shared the pleasantries of flesh could she get Octavian alone and his defenses down to implement her magic. The strongest spells were placed in small doses over time so no one, least of all the person being cast upon, would suspect anything was wrong. And so this was the fifth time that she had to do this.

Alana stared down at the Barinian prince's now blank face. Just a little more of her magic, and he would be completely under her control. Then she could use Barinia's armies and attack Kiran at will. Then she would dispose of this disgusting piece of human.

Octavian apparently had certain self-esteem issues regarding her knight and would make Luke be in the room while Octavian and Alana coupled on the bed. Thankfully, Alana would blank out Luke's mind during such times to ensure that Luke would still be obedient to her.

Octavian's head slumped back into the pillows, asleep and under the spell. Alana sneered. Just this much and he was already fatigued. The coupling was lacking, and he couldn't even make her the least bit satisfied.

Alana waved her fingers and summoned a few golden sparkles. Obediently, Luke came up to her. Alana forced him down beside the unconscious Barinian prince. Now that the two men were side by side, it was clear what differences lay between them. One was a prince who barely lifted his finger to get what he wanted, a pale copy of the other, a battle hardened knight whose body was rippled with muscles.

Alana sneered as she and Luke coupled right next to the prince. When they finished, she beckoned to her knight.

"Let us go, my dear Luke. We have much work on our hands."

***********************************

Confined to the bed for a while, Annabeth was extremely bored. The king pampered her with books and conversation. When the king was not there, the maids and knights fussed around her with snacks and clothing, treating her as though she was a precious vase. The most work she could do was look over the budget management and approve of any light administrative changes.

During this time, Annabeth devoured books from the library about the history of countries in this world or played with some random toys that had been delivered to her. Eldoris had some rather interesting ones that were puzzle based that she liked to solve with. Most of these were for young children. Some found it strange that the queen was playing with such toys. Others with a more gossipy nature thought that it was a sign that the queen was with a child.