Chapter 28

A/N: Psst! I dropped a chapter last Thursday. Go back if you haven't read it!

*****************************

"We...we were looking for the queen," Sir Nico said.

The knight was looking down at the floor, possibly hoping that the floor could swallow him up. Slightly annoyed, Percy vowed that next time he would have to dismiss all people from coming to this corner of the library in the future. Sir Nico should take a leaf from Sir Grover and pretend to be selectively deaf and blind at the right times.

Privately, Sir Nico grimaced on the inside, feeling his promotion slip further and further away by the second. Behind him, the maids tried to make themselves as small as possible behind the night.

"She'll come in a bit." Percy answered for the queen, seeing that she was determined to be a statue.

Percy sighed on the inside as Sir Nico and the maids staggered off, their hearts having taken quite a huge blow. Perhaps it was for the best that they were interrupted. Or else he might have lost control and given in to the queen's soft skin and inviting fragrance. If that had happened...well, he didn't have any access to contraception potions at the moment. As much as Percy meant it when he wanted an heir from the queen, he also knew that an heir would just put a target on the queen's back at this moment.

Annabeth still had her head buried into the crook of his neck, too embarrassed to face him. So cute, Percy thought.

"You'll have to come out of there one day or another." He persuaded.

"No," came her small voice. "How am I ever going to face them again?"

Percy laughed. "They should be happy that the king and queen are getting along so well."

If anything, this would just spread more rumors around the palaces that the king and the queen were doing quite well. People would be fools to intrude on this couple during their honeymoon time.

"I suppose if you don't want to come out, then that's fine by me. I'll just have to carry you around like this all around the palaces."

That got her attention. The queen immediately pushed herself away and glared at Percy. He was drawn to her lips again, all swollen and bruised from their earlier passion.

"Hmmph!"

The queen quickly ran off, leaving Percy alone on the chaise. He couldn't blame her. It was a natural reaction after being caught in such a scene.

Well, it was best he didn't move for the moment. The feel of Annabeth's body against his had caused quite a reaction.

His eyes fell down to the chaise they had been on. This was one of his favorite spots in the library, not to read, but to take naps and escape from his tutors when he was younger. But perhaps he should install chaises in his and her bedrooms, their studies, and maybe even one in the gazebo....

Ah. It seemed like once he had a taste of her, it wasn't enough.

After his body had calmed down, Percy was informed by Sir Grover that he had a private letter. He opened the letter and raised an eyebrow. The king of Barinia had selected his heir, and in return, the Barinian king had made contact with the person Percy had requested him to find.

The famed dark wizard lord was willing to meet with Percy. In fact, the wizard lord was at the Eldoris capital tonight.

That was fast, Percy mused. He had thought that the wizard lord Christopher would be reluctant to meet with the king. After all, in Percy's past life, the wizard lord had given Percy a tough time after the mage had fallen in love with Princess Alana. But in this timeline, Lord Christopher should not have met with Alana yet.