Chapter 4

A/N: I own nothing but plot. Enjoy!

****************

"Your Majesty, the Kiran knights that were sent back were recaptured." A shadow guard informed Percy.

Percy nodded. It was best to ensure that no one knew that it was he who had rescued the Kiran princess. The Kiran princess had exposed who he was in front of the assassins and her escorts. Unfortunately, he didn't trust her escorts and certainly wouldn't let them come into Eldoris. He had only let the Kiran knights go in front of the princess for fear that he would scare her more if he took them all prisoner. Then, she might truly feel alone. Then again, the princess didn't look like she cared much about what happened to the failures that were her escorts and nanny.

"Good, keep them separate from the other prisoners when you extricate confessions from them. Ah, do take care that they're able to use their voices. As for the rest of their limbs...you can figure it out." Percy ordered.

"Yes, Your Majesty."

Eldoris had many forms of torture able to elicit many information from spies and traitors. Percy didn't care which ones the shadow guards chose, just as long as what he needed to know was done.

Hearing that the princess' bath was over and that she was getting dressed, Percy headed back up to her room. Who knew that the inn owners had other plans?

His face automatically stiffened as the young woman curtsied in front of him. He recalled that the inn owner had introduced this woman as his daughter, but Percy was too concerned about the princess' health to pay attention to the inn owner's daughter's name.

"Is there a problem, miss?" He asked.

The young woman stiffened at the chilly tone in the young man's voice but plucked up her courage. She had taken a look at the stable where the man and his servant's horses were kept for the time being. Just seeing the quality of the horses and their livery let her know that if the young man's horse was being treated finer than the average commoner lived, how would his mistress be treated? Thoughts of her climbing onto the bed like that had entered both her and her parent's mind. Though she had no idea who this man was, she was sure that he was likely a wealthy merchant or even a low ranking noble.

"No, sir. I wanted to ask whether there was anything I could do for you?"

The young woman bowed her head, her eyelashes fluttering down. On the surface she seemed demure, just a commoner woman. But her hair was neatly brushed and braided, exposing the soft skin behind the nape of her neck. She had a delicate and innocent look, opposite to what the woman was doing right now, pressing her body forward against his arm.

Percy's mood worsened which made some of his swordsmanship aura leak out. The young woman instinctively shivered and froze. A knight's aura could be severely imposing, especially on those who did not have auras themselves.

In his time growing up in the palace, what tricks hadn't Percy seen? The Dowager Queen had dealt with many women who had thoughts in their head of trying to climb into King Poseidon's bed. As a result, Percy was no stranger to those who applied the same tricks with little variation to him. Ironically, when the dowager queen herself began sending women to him, he used what he learned from his stepmother to avoid all those traps.

His hand itched for his sword.

The door to Princess Annabeth's room opened and the princess stepped out, taking in the scene before her. But her expression hardly changed as she assessed the situation with a deft eye. Thankfully, she didn't seem angry as she noted Percy's frown.

Percy smoothly shook his hand off and went past the inn owner's daughter, taking a look all over the princess. Now that she was cleaned up, Percy could tell she was feeling a lot better, though on her face were still those ugly bruises. He made a note to have someone with makeup cover those bruises before the princess entered the palace lest someone thought he was the one who had been abusing her.