Chapter 17

A/N: I own nothing but plot. Enjoy!

*******************************

A couple of the younger maids couldn't look either the king or queen in their eyes as they quickly cleaned up the bed, while the older and experienced maids cleaned the room with more composed expressions. Annabeth accidentally caught the glance of one of the younger maids who blushed. The head maid glared at the young maid who quickly bowed her head down.

"This is all your fault," Annabeth said to the king, both now attired in fluffy bathrobes.

"Why me? You started it."

"But you were the one who broke the pillow," she pointed out.

"That's not my fault. I have half a mind to see who provided the pillows. What shoddy workmanship." The king complained. "I'll have to talk to the royal tailors about this problem."

Hearing this but not understanding the true context, the maids just buried their heads further and worked even faster. It would be better if they could pretend they were objects in the rooms.

"Your Majesties, um, would you like to take a bath?" One maid asked. She acted as though the queen's eyes were on her feet.

Annabeth rolled her shoulders and stretched, not knowing that her actions seemed like she was sore from fooling on the bed. "That would be nice."

"One bath is fine," the king interrupted, causing the maid to lower her head even more.

Annabeth looked up at him questioningly, but the king just grabbed her hands and tugged her into the bathroom.

He whispered into her ear. "What would the maids think if there isn't a single mark on your body when they help you bathe? I'm the type to be a generous lover, you see."

Annabeth rolled her eyes. The Eldoris royalty often lived as though they couldn't use their own hands and feet. Annabeth had found it hard to get used to when maids bathed her own hair and rubbed scented oils and lotions into her skin while she laid in the tub like a piece of beef being marinated.

"Do you find me physically repulsive?" The king questioned teasingly at her less than enthused appearance.

Annabeth studied the king who was supposed to be a villain in Clarisse's story. Did all villains have to be this handsome? Perhaps the very first Eldoris king might have been average looking, but generations of marrying beautiful women and men into their royalty had produced princes and princesses of stark beauty. Annabeth had seen portraits of former Eldorisian royalty, all with trademark dark hair and mesmerizing green eyes that pierced into one's soul.

Frankly, every character in the story seemed to have their own distinct charm. She had already met the villain, the female lead, and two of the three male leads. Every single one of them was attractive with their own style, the villain king of Eldoris including. Clarisse indeed had an active imagination.

"Not really," Annabeth admitted.

Smirking at her observation, the king pulled the belt of his robe open and tauntingly dropped the robe on the floor before he went into the large bath built into the stone floor of the bathroom in the size of a pond. There were bubbles and foam floating in the water, so nothing too provocative of his front side was seen.

Ooh, that ass could rival Captain America's, Annabeth thought before catching herself mid-thought. Damn it. Please forgive her, Chris Evans. The king was deliberately seducing her.

He swam up to the edge of the bath and crossed his arms, looking up at her. "Want to see if we're at least physically compatible? I had thought that our kiss from this morning wasn't too bad. Unless my kissing skills were that bad?"