Chapter 35

A/N: I own nothing but the plot. Enjoy!

*****************************************

The filth in Eldoris took a lot longer to clean up than Percy would have liked. But then again, he would rather be far more thorough in his work than miss out on the rat bastards that tried to escape.

So secretly when the king was officially supposed to oversee the country's drought, Percy was out spilling blood against the noble families who had plotted against him in his previous life. Every little offense was taken and an appropriate justice was taken against them. For Percy, the past couple of weeks became days of people screaming in torture as their injured skin festered in summer heat.

The royal family in Eldoris had a problem that plagued all magic users, though. The power of hydrokinesis was only passed down from the ruler to one heir. But the more one used hydrokinesis, the more one's bloodlust for flesh would increase. Perhaps it was the fates' way of saying that even the most powerful had their own weaknesses.

Some stories were told of previous Eldoris rulers such as King Kronos who would bring seven or eight of his concubines to the battlefield. Once Kronos finished defeating his enemies, he would return back to his private tent and be served by women until he left them all unconscious in the morning. Other rulers let their bloodlust run rampant, slaughtering not just their enemies but also accidentally their allies and the innocent.

Percy was determined to be like none of those rulers who willingly spilled blood and seed. He had done well for most of his life to use his swordsmanship skills as much as possible and only hydrokinesis when needed. However, even when Percy used only his sword to subdue the corrupted nobles, the droughts throughout Eldoris had required much use of his hydrokinesis to put out wildfires and replenish the parched agricultural fields. He was beginning to feel the bloodlust coursing through his veins.

The only problem was that he couldn't go back home in time to see his queen. Although both of them were not in love with each other, both of them were beginning to enjoy the physical aspects of their relationship.

Every time Percy went to Dahlia Palace to rest, it was past midnight and he didn't bear to wake the queen in her deep sleep. Not to mention, with the queen's personality, she was more likely to kick him out of her bed if he woke her up to roll under the sheets. So he ended up quietly sleeping next to her instead.

For the first few days, it was enough to calm his bloodlust down as Percy held the queen in his arms for a few hours of sleep. Her usual fresh citrusy scent would soothe his rattled nerves after a day of seeing nothing but misery. But when her soft derriere pressed against a certain sensitive spot of his, Percy felt his body go crazy. It was all he could do to prevent himself from immediately pressing her down beneath him until all her tears and arousal juices were wringed out and she was filled to the brim of him.

A beast, Percy thought of himself. All the monikers and curse words people had secretly given him behind his back, he agreed with. He really needed to get himself under control.

He had considered sleeping in his own bed at Gardenia Palace instead. But the thought of sleeping in a cold and lonely bed turned him off. His bloodlust would only grow stronger, and Percy had no thought of wanting to hurt the innocent. Back in his past life when he was constantly using his powers on the battlefield, Percy felt like he had gone insane and almost lost control of his powers. He never wanted to feel like that again.

So in the wee hours of the night, Percy quietly slipped into Dahlia Palace and held the queen's soft and fragrant body in his arms after taking a very cold ice bath. When she moved in her sleep, she accidentally rubbed against his bulge. Percy muffled his groan, half willing her not to move again, with the other half wanting her to keep grinding against him.