The redhead

Chapter-6

They all reached the picnic area and their family sat with the barrys, thank the lord we didnt sit with the pyes thought ella

They all reached the picnic area and their family sat with the barrys, thank the lord we didnt sit with the pyes thought ella. Ella introduced cathy to everyone. Cathy looked delighted to meet diana and so was diana. Gilbert was with the boys and ella went up to him.

"Hey" ella said

"Hello there gorgeous" billy said

"I am not talking to you but you can bark as much as you want" ella said and rolled her eyes.

Gilbert laughed and said "hey ell"

They were playing with a ball but hitting pretty hard. Billy threw a ball in charlie's face and he was down, moaning in pain.

"Pass me the ball" ella screamed to billy.

"What?"

"Did you not hear me pass. me. the. ball" ella said more clearly

"Okay, but dont cry if hits you dummy"

"Billy andrews you dont know me"

"She's not kidding billy" gilbert said

"We'll see about that" billy said and threw the ball very hard. Ella catched the ball. She threw the ball back and there we go, billy was down, his wrist pained a lot but ella was careful enough not to make it bleed.

"Huh! Who's the dummy now" Ella said helping billy up.

"Not bad" he said

There were a lot of people, just staring but diana looked happy, all the boys were looking at her surprised but not whispering about how she should go back to her family and not play because she's a girl. And there was this one redheaded girl who was cheering for her.

Once she was done playing, she went to the redheaded girl. Ella had never seen such beautiful, flaming red hair. Now all the attention was on the redhead not ella.

"Hi" ella said

"Hey" she said looking down.

"Dont worry about the whispering, everyone in avonlea is a dummy. Didn't you see how they were staring at me when I was playing with the boys? Well I dont give a damn to them. Just because I am a girl, I cant play any games?"

"Right.." she said

Ella heard whispers

"Isn't she the orphan"

"Look at that horrible red hair"

"How can they even trust her"

"Look at those freckles"

She ran away and marilla ran after her. Ella went back to her family and the barrys

"Ell you were amazing!!!" diana said