Baking, once again

Chapter-9

"After you" gilbert said motioning to the horse

"After you" gilbert said motioning to the horse. She sat on horse and gilbert sat after her. A very little gap was between their chests.

"If these were the arrangements, I would've adjusted in the carriages with mother" ella exclaimed rolling her eyes.

"Why? Do you hate this that much" gilbert asked

"I-I dont-dont i-i never s-said that I just think-" she began, thats when gilbert came closer and now his chest was touching ella's back. In no time ella was asleep on his chest. She only woke up to ruby's stiffled cries and saw her mother rolling her eyes. She rubbed her eyes. Her back was still attached to gilbert's chest but she didnt pull away. She just stayed there. Apparently ruby was crying as she saw ella so close to gilbert. Ella rolled her eyes. They reached her house and gilbert helped her down. She jumped, one hand on gilbert's shoulder and the other in his hand.

"Thankyou for the ride mr blythe" she said grinning.

"Thats very formal of you" he said. She laughed "what? What If I say thankyou for not arguing with me the whole ride ms smith, would you love it?"

"Honestly, I would" she said and burst out laughing. She went inside the house and saw ruby, still crying. Ella rolled her eyes and went to her room. After a while ruby entered.

"Why does gilbert like you so much" she asked sobbing

"Because I am better then you duh" ella whispered to herself.

"Did you say something?" She asked

"Oh no I mean I dont know, I guess when I helped his father, we got pretty close"

"Oh" she said and sat on the bed. After a while, ella couldn't bear her stiffled cries so she buried her face in the book by jane eyre and said

"For heavens sake stop crying"

"How can I? When gilbert doesn't even pay the slightest attention to me?" she said sobbing

"Oh my godddddddddd are we still on the gilbert topic???????????"

She cried harder.

"Ughhhh, ok stop, you want to get closer to gilbert right?" ruby nodded. "How about we bake some scones? and me, diana and anne can distribute to everyone, while you can give it to gilbert"

"I would love that" she stopped crying and smile.

"Ok then lets go"

"where?"

"To the barrys duh, they have such a beautiful kitchen with so many ingredients. Oh and I am inviting anne"

"Why?"

"Soooooooooooo, I dont get bored, I hate baking"

"How can you? Mother says girls need to learn cooking so that they can feed their husbands in the future"