It has always been him....

"I was never ready for you to leave...."

Today was the day, she was finally going to talk to gilbert

Today was the day, she was finally going to talk to gilbert. And why he left her, left her to suffer, all alone. Why it was so hard for him to tell her the truth and say goodbye. Part of her wanted him to feel that pain. The pain she felt when he left her. 

Jack and her were on good terms now. (A/n- I dont simp for gilbert anymore so I kinda want to turn this into a jack fanfic CUZ FINNIE BOI IS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE but anyways lets ConTinUe) 

She slowly crept out of her bed, ready as she'll ever be to face reality. She heard chatter of her uncle and everyone.

Ignoring the chatter, and feeding herself to some delicious toast, she made her way to green gables. She knocked and matthew let her in. "Good morning matthew"

"Good morning ella, uh, anne and marilla are, well you can hear their bickering" matthew chuckled.

"I dare not even repeat to you the wicked, wicked things she said." she heard anne yelling.

"You will if I need to have words with her mother." marilla said.

"She told Tillie that I had all my hair cut off due to lice!" anne exclaimed. "She said it's because I'm of "orphan stock"."

"Right, then. Words it is." marilla stated.

"Whats the matter?" ella asked as she made her way to the kitchen where the whole conversation was taking place.

"Oh ella, marilla doesnt understand how terribly I am suffering at school because of my hideous hair. Why do people enjoy themselves so much when others are miserable?" anne asked

"Anne I told you, you look beautiful and there is nothing wrong in having short hair." ella explained.

"Why doesnt anyone understand my sorrow!" anne wailed as she made her way out of the door, ella following her.

"Trust me anne, you look fine, dont make such a big deal out of this. Chin up now." ella said once they were out of the house.

"Oh anyways, did you receive an invitation from aunt josephine? She is going to remember her companion, her best friend. Isnt it wonderful how they both lived with each other their whole lives. I mean, now that I imagine, living with you and diana would be the most glorious feeling in the whole wide world!" anne finished.

"Hm, you're quiet right. It indeed would be fun" ella agreed.

They finally reached school and ella saw gilbert staring at her. She broke the eye contact and decided on having a conversation with him after school.

School day dragged on and on and finally it was the last free period. They sat with cole. As girls are not allowed to travel with a male companion, thinking that ella wanted everyone to change so badly, they decided on convincing cole to go with them.

"But cole, its going to so much fun. Aunt josephine has a big house too. She is very rich!" diana told. "Aunt josephine said there's going to be a world famous pianist there!" diana shared her excitement.

While diana and anne were convincing cole, ella was distracted by a certain someone, sitting at a log outside of the school. She stood up and went outside to see her brother jacob sitting there.

"Jacob? What the hell are you doing sitting outside our school?" ella was totally confused.

"Oh, uh, I thought I'd pick you and james up" he said, scratching his neck. Ella narrowed her eyes.

"Stop lying to me big b" ella said. Thats when school got over. Everyone rushed outside as she saw beautiful raven hair making their way to school. She immediately recognised the hair to be ava's.

"Ava!" she exclaimed and hugged her.

"Heyyy, I havent seen you all week, how are you?" ava asked.

"I am good" she said and then whispered "I am going to talk to gilbert now"

"Oh good luck" ava whispered back.

"Hey, remember me? Ella's brother, jacob" jacob said, nervously.

"Yeah I do, we didnt get to talk at all that day." ava also said NERVOUSLY.

It took a moment for ella to realise then she turned to jacob and said "Oh so thats the reason you cam-owww" jacob smacked her on the head. Ava chuckled nervously.

"Uh ava, I was wondering if I could, um, g-get to know you b-better over uh, tea or s-something" jacob asked. Ella decided it would be the best time for some embarrassment.

"Whats going on here" james entered the conversation.

"Oh james, jacob finally asked her out!" ella said dramatically and evilly smirked at her older brother.

"Really?" james asked, his eyes wide.

"THATS NOT WHAT SHE MEANT-O-OR I M-MEANT, I m-mean unless you w-want i-it to be a d-date then um s-sure-" ava cut jacob.

"Its a date" ava said smiling and looking down.

"Great" jacob breathed out and smiled.

After 2 minutes of awkward silence ella had enough.

"What? Dont you have work or something jacob, or are you just gonna stand here smiling like an idiot rising the awkward silence even more eh?" 

Typical canadian ella.

"Shut up ella, uh, I'll be off then." jacob said. Ella mocked his 'Shut up ella' and then looked at ava. James was now with his friends doing god knows what.

"Falling for my brother now are we?" 

"Shut up, I am not falling for him he just asked me out to get to know me better and I said yes, i-its t-totally platonic." ava stuttered.

"We'll see whats platonic when you two come out of jacob's room in the morning after 5 'asked me out platonically' dates" ella said and then whispered the word "naked"  in her ear. Ava gasped. (A/n- YALL THERE'S NO SMUT I PROMISE. PLUS I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW YOU WRITE SMUT. BUT THERE COULD BE SOME MAKING OUT. NOT IN THIS SEASON AND ITS STILL A MAYBE)

"Oh my gosh why did I tell you how to make babies!" ava said miserably. Ella twisted and jumped giggling. As she was doing her 5 year old antics, she tripped and someone catched her before she could fall.

She looked up and saw........."Gilbert....." she whispered. They stared at each other for a good 5 seconds and then ella cleared her throat. She straightened up herself and her dress.

"Uh, I've been, um, meaning to talk to you" she said.

"Same" he said. There was silence for a while, then both of them spoke up together starting with "Look".

"You know, I was never ready for you to leave...... Anyways, You go first" ella said. She needed to hear his side of the story, because she knew it was hard for him too. And he apologised to her numerous times, she wanted to hear him, but not his excuses, he had a right to speech as well, so why not give him a chance to explain his leaving.

"I am sorry ella, I am so sorry...." he began.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/n- Yall sorry for not updating, I am a lazy bitch and there's a lot going on with school and family functions and, just, shit's crazy so um ya. Well here yall go. I hope to update soon:)