Menstruation

Chapter-10

As gilbert asked ella to stop by she dropped by while coming back from the pye's house

As gilbert asked ella to stop by she dropped by while coming back from the pye's house. She went to josie's house to give them some fresh baked cookies made by her mother. She knocked and gilbert opened.

"Hey" he said smiling "Come on in"

"How's he doing" ella asked

"Just like yesterday"

She entered inside the room. 

"Mr blythe" ella said

"Ella my dear, come on in" he said and coughed a little. Ella went inside and seated herself on a chair. 

"Now, now gilbert, I want to talk to ella alone please" he said. gilbert looked confused but walked out of the room. 

"Mr blythe why did you want to talk to me?" ella asked

"My little girl, I've always looked at you as my daughter" he began and ella smiled "I know I dont have much time-"

"Mr blythe, please dont say that" ella said.

"We both know it ella" he said smiling. "I dont have a problem in going to heaven, after all its going to be a much better place" he said chuckling while coughing in the middle of his sentences. "What my problem is, is gilbert, he is my son. I know he knows that I'll soon be gone, but I know that wont make his grieving any easy. I want you to make me a promise" He now looked directly into ella's eyes. She respected mr blythe like she respected her parents and she loved him and gilbert wholeheartedly. 

"Anything" ella said smiling

"Please take care of him once I am gone. I dont want him to make a wrong decision for his life while grieving me, please help him get through it."

Ella looked up at him, of course she would, after all gilbert was one of those people who helped her settle in avonlea. This was much more different though. But she wasn't going to step back.

"Of course I would"

With that she departed from their house, gilbert's father's voice ringing in her ears. 

Flashback starts

"Aunty you wanted to talk?" she heard james say.

"Yes come in my child" Aunt said. James slowly pushed the door open and entered inside.

"I am so sorry" Aunt said while sobbing.

"What for?" james asked

"For giving you such a horrible aunt, aunt sally. I wish your aunt would've been like an inspiration to you when you were kids. Now I wish you had never even met her. I am sorry for her horrible nature"

"Aunt its not your fault, so what if we dont have the aunt you wished us to have, you are the aunty we wished to have."

Ella beamed on james' words. Her aunt was truly an inspiration. She wasn't like the others. She was independent and loved reading. She also had a kindred spirit. And ella had never met her aunt's best friend. Her aunty wasn't her mother or father's sister, she was grandfather's sister. She used to live with her best friend. She never married anyone. One day ella did ask her why she didn't marry anyone. She said something very intriguing "I was married in my own way child" she said beaming, leaving ella totally confused.