A grown-up tea......or maybe not?

Chapter-11

"Which districts comprise the Prairies? Gilbert

"Which districts comprise the Prairies? Gilbert." mr phillips asked

"Um... the districts of Athabasca, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Assiniboia." gilbert repiled.

"He's so smart." ruby whispered to josie.

"Now that is a clever student. Ella. Which provinces comprise the Atlantic Maritimes?"

Ella, who was looking out of the window, jumped and rolled her eyes as mr phillips shouted her name.

"Um what did you say? atlantic maritimes right, uh-New Brunswick, Nova scotia, and PEI are collectively known as the Maritime Provinces. Am I correct?" she said smirking as mr phillips thought she would definitely not be able to answer. 

"Yes correct" and he went back. The school day dragged on and ella went to her home. At 2 in the afternoon there was a knock filled with enthusiasm. The person kept knocking and knocking.

"What the hell I am coming chill" ella said. "Were you planning to kill the dear door?" ella said as she opened and saw anne's cheerful face.

"TEA!"

"What tea?"

"A GROWN-UP TEA! Marilla said I could invite you and diana!"

"REALLY! YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!"

"I AM NOT!"

They both squealed. Ella got ready by 2:30 and reached green gables. Diana reached a few minutes later.

"Won't you please come in? May I take your hat and coat?" anne asked

"Why, thank you" ella said

"I trust both of your families are okay?"

"Quiet well, thankyou" diana said

"Your table is exquisite!" diana looked at both of them to make sure she used the word correctly and that they took notice. They both nodded excitedly. 

"How nice of you to say. Won't you please sit down whilst I set the tea to steep and fetch the cordial? There are ever so many responsibilities when one is hosting company. Raspberry cordial, where are you?" anne said

Apparently instead of raspberry cordial, she brought wine unintentionally.

"Please, allow me." she said while pouring the cordial into a glass.

"You're too kind" ella said

"I love bright red drinks dont you? They taste twice as good as any other colour." anne asked

"Je vous remercie de vos belles manières." diana said

"Thats french!" anne exclaimed "You speak french?"