Just best friend?

"When you lose someone, it stays with you. Always reminding you of how easy it is to get hurt"

 Always reminding you of how easy it is to get hurt"

It had been 8 months since gilbert left. But ella was still not healed completely. She still missed him. Him walking her to school everyday. Him making her laugh every time. Him sneaking her out of the house late at nights. And ella was right, the gold was not real. 

"ELLA"

"ELLA"

"ELLA!"

"ELLA SMITH!"

"WHAT!"

"Why weren't you responding to me!" my mother screamed at my face as she stormed upstairs.

"What do you want?" ella asked, rudely.

"For you to get of the house and stop showing me that attitude!" 

"I dont want to now please get out of my room."

"Ella elizabeth smith you do not use that tone with me. I want you down in 5 minutes and if not, I'll make you stay outside for 5 hours whether you like it or not!"

"But thats not fair!" she protested

"What do you mean! Ella you havent been outside in weeks! Today you're going to school and thats final! And also jack said he is going to a little late today so you can walk with james."

"Fine. I am coming down!" she said with tears in her eyes. This week, last year, gilbert surprised with her favourite book and they both took long walks down the streams, while talking about life.

Her mother just stared at her and then left the room. Thats when her uncle came downstairs as ella walked down the stairs, frustrated.

"Now, now, whats all this commotion this early in the morning?" her uncle asked.

"Uncle william! Mother's making go to school! She doesnt understand!" I yelled

"What does she not understand my dear?" he asked

"Everyone hates me! And this week gil- nevermind" ella quickly said.

Uncle william held her hand and made her sit down as she just cried.

"Do you remember when you said, I am not ashamed of standing up for whats right, even if it takes for everyone to think I am crazy, I know what I did was right. Then why are you so scared now, the ella smith I knew loved fighting and owning whats different about her. Not her backing down just because this world loves to judge?"

Then he wiped her tears.

"Now, you'll go out there, with your head held high and not give a damn about anyone!" he said

Ella smiled and hugged her uncle.

"Goooooooooddddddddd morninggggggggggg avonleaaaaaaaaa" a raspy morning voice said of her cousin jacob.