Back to school

Chapter-8

Summer was over and the school was back in session

Summer was over and the school was back in session. Cathy was returning the next day, so she was mostly in james' room and apparently the space between ella and james' room did not stop the kissy noises from his room. So ella decided to visit gilbert. She knocked and mrs kincannon opened the door.

"Good afternoon mrs kincannon"

"Good afternoon ella, gilbert's in the barn"

"Oh okay, may I see mr blythe?"

"Sure"

"Is he any better?" she asked hoping her yesterday's intuition would be somehow wrong.

"Um just same as yesterday"

He was still lying on the bed.

"Good afternoon mr blythe"

"Oh ella, how are you my dear"

"I am good, If you were resting, I'll-"

"Oh no, no, I dont get a lot of visitors anymore, sit with me please"

She smiled and he fell asleep after a while. She slowly got up, and then gilbert rushed inside

"Shhhhhhhhhh" she said

He saw his father sleeping so he whispered "Ella? What are you doing?"

"What? I cant hangout at my best friend's house now?" she said pushing him outside the room.

"What are you doing here? Weren't you in the barn?" she asked

"I was, I just came to check in here"

"Dont worry, you go back, I'll keep an eye on him"

"Thanks"

He went back outside, after a couple of minutes, ella decided to take a walk to gilbert's barn.

"Care for a walk?" she asked

"Sure"

They walked a little and then ella took some snow in her hand, made a ball of it and threw it on gilbert's back.

"Owwwww, that was cold"

He picked up some ice too and threw it on her, which caused her to shudder.

"Oh you're so gonna regret doing this" she said

They had fun in the snow, and then gilbert started tickling her.

"S-top, gil-hahahaha"

He finally stopped, tripped and fell on top of her. Their faces were inches away, they looked at each other and then gilbert started leaning in. But ella pushed him back and threw a load of snow on him.

"Haha! I still won"

What was I just about to do? I was about to kiss her. Looking at her I feel like, the whole world has disappeared, am I in love with her? gilbert thought.