The Beginning of Old Adventures

Taking place two years before Luffy embarked on his pirate journey, Ryuu D. Irin was 17 years old. She had just become the World's Youngest Vice Admiral and she was on a break from her Marine duties.

Irin was on a quiet island in the New World, she was strolling across the peaceful town as she ran her errands. Her errands included getting a box of rice crackers and just food stuff in general... She was basically just on the island to get her groceries done...

The town was peaceful and bustling with its townspeople; they were generally kind people who offered Irin what she needed for a cheap price. They weren't a very well off town but they were truly good-natured people who didn't try to rip off the young Vice Admiral. Perhaps they read about her in the latest issue of News Coo and were scared of her or they were just very kind people in general.

Nay, it was neither. Irin just never gave them a reason to be unkind to her. She was kind to them therefore they treated her with care too.

Actually scratch that, she wasn't just kind... She was overly kind... The girl saw an old lady with groceries and couldn't resist walking the elderly home while carrying her bags, then afterwards she saw a hungry cat and bought food for it and even after that she saw a child with a scraped knee and who would have guessed it? 

She helped the kid with the scraped knee too.

Irin was in that town for barely a day but word had already spread that a 'Kind and Beautiful Maiden' had graced their small town. Of course, she had no idea that was what people called her so she strolled through the town completely oblivious that people were gawking at her.

The pinkette walked into shops after shops, gathering her needs until her hands were full with bags. "Thank you for your patronage!" the kind shop lady waved.

"Thank you!" Irin exclaimed as she struggled to handle all the shopping bags.

Did she just reply to a thank you with a thank you? Yes, she did. The kind shop lady sweatdropped at the girl's antics.

Irin walked further away from the shop she was just in, taking careful steps because she did not want to drop all the shopping bags. If she knew the things in this town were going to be this cheap she would have brought a trolley or something to help make it easier for her shopping. She wasn't a shopaholic because most of the stuff she got were for her friends (which only consisted of Garp, Tsuru, Kuzan and Smoker...).

A day before she was given a break from work she asked all her friends if they needed her to get anything and they all did, so now Irin was just running errands for herself along with her friends.

"Smoker-san wanted chicken... Garp-jiisan wanted rice crackers..." she walked as she read off her list but came to an abrupt stop when someone stood in front of her. She was stopped by a dark skinned man with a few teeth missing, "Hey girlie, need help with your bags?" he flirted.

And of course his attempt at flirting went unnoticed by Irin because she's, well, insanely dense...

"Oh, that's really kind of you but I wouldn't want to impose," she smiled.

"Nonsense, I wouldn't mind, I just want to help," the man grinned, showing the missing teeth he had... Or did not have...?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On that same day, after Irin arrived on the island with her jet ski-styled boat, Bubbles, the Whitebeard Pirates had also docked onto the very same island Irin was on.