Victorious

Victorious

[赤い花つんであの人にあげよ

"I'll pick a red flower and give it to you

あの人の髪にこの花さしてあげよ

I'll put it in your hair

赤い花赤い花あの人の髪に

Red flower, red flower, in your hair

咲いてゆれるだろうお陽さまのように

Blooms and sways like the sun

白い花つんであの人にあげよ

I'll pick a white flower and give it to you

あの人の胸にこの花さしてあげよ

I'll put it on your chest

白い花白い花あの人の胸に

White flower, white flower, on your chest

咲いてゆれるだろうお月さんのようにお月さんのように]

Blooms and sways like the moon"

Gentle, sweet, and so full of warmth. Those were the words that captured the beauty of the voice that sang those lyrics.

But that was not all.

There was a sense of warmth tingling around her face.

She felt gentle and slender fingers run through her hair; combing out the knots through her cherry blossom strands. The voice was soft but loud enough for her to hear it and somehow, there was something so familiar in the timbre of that voice.

Gentle, sweet, and so full of warmth.

She had heard this voice before in a distant past, back when she was merely a child.

Such a beautiful and calming voice.

There was no mistake about it, this voice belonged to her. This was the voice of the most beautiful woman she had ever known.

Fighting to lift her heavy eyelids, sunlight peeked right through into her hazel brown eyes, causing her to wince at the sudden brightness.

She could not see her; she could not see her mother's face.

"Rest my little Botan [牡丹], rest..." the gentle voice whispered, still softly combing her hair with her slender fingers.

That voice had always possessed a strange ability to make her fall asleep since she was a wee child.

And just like that, she fell right asleep; falling into a long long slumber where she'd meet the memories of her past.

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many, many years ago...

Strolling through the woods, Irin always hummed the same tune over and over again while Luffy walked beside her; or rather, skipped beside her.

The sun was sinking below the ocean yet its hues still shot right through the forest green that hung above them.

7 year old Luffy was a curious child, he stopped skipping around and kicking random pebbles, deciding to walk alongside Irin as he gazed at her with wide eyes.

"Why do you keep singing that song?" he asked, tilting his head to the side.

Irin paused in her steps, turning to look at the jet-black haired boy, suddenly reminded of her past and of her mother. She glanced away before forcing a small smile and answering his question, "My mama used to sing it to me whenever I was sad."