Old Adventures: Good Idea

"Alright Stefan, follow me," Ace said as he walked ahead. He looked back to see the dog staring at him with his doe eyes, "Tsk oh come on Stefan, I need your help!" the freckled boy grunted, he then sighed and deadpanned, "I'll give you some of my meat later on."

The dog barked twice in glee before trailing behind Ace. The two of them had left the group, who were busy eating watermelons, to pursue their plans.

"Okay so, Stefan, here's the plan; you are going to help me lead Irin to me because she likes you and she clearly doesn't like me as of this moment but the problem is where the heck do I find somewhere private on this beach to apologise to her?" Ace ranted as softly as he could to a dog.

Yes, this 18 year-old was asking for girl advice from a little white dog who could only bark once, indicating that he had no help to offer.

Ace sighed as he continued to walk away from the watermelon-eating group with Stefan by his side. Stefan then barked at Ace multiple times before dashing off ahead, "What?! Where are you going?!" he yelled out to the dog that was running away from him.

The freckled ravenette chased after the white dog. Wherever Stefan was heading was definitely away from the crowd.

They stopped when they were at the far end of the beach. Stefan, panting with his tongue out as he stared at Ace with a proud look.

Ace, too, was panting. With his hands on his knees and his body bent forward, he inhaled and exhaled, "What's up with you?!" he asked as he tried to catch his breath. He then looked up to see Stefan walking towards a cave.

The raven haired boy followed him, walking slowly behind. The deeper they got into the cave the brighter it got.

What? The brighter it got?

Yes, the deeper they ventured into the cave, the brighter it got.

Ace gawked at the bioluminescent fungi that coated the ceiling of the cave, it was absolutely stunning. There were glow-in-the dark mushrooms lining the sides of the cave; like candles lined on a romantic walkway. The mushrooms were all coloured differently and exotically and as he walked further into the cave he couldn't help but notice a lone bright pink mushroom hanging from the top of the cave instead of growing from the ground like the rest of the coloured mushrooms.

"Pfftt, Irin," Ace snickered with a hand covering his mouth to stop him from laughing and his other hand pointing at the pink mushroom. Stefan barked at Ace and glared at him.

He was not going to allow Ace to make fun of Irin.

Ace frowned and pouted at the dog, "Don't tell me I've got more competition now," he squinted as he crossed his arms, "You're supposed to help me, Stefan, not give me more trouble."

Stefan only barked as he walked ahead of Ace with his head held high and away from the freckled ravenette's gaze.

"Someone's got an attitude," Ace chided.

The dog turned around and glared at Ace. He had enough of this idiot's shit.

Stefan barked at Ace and made his way to the exit of the cave.

"Argh!" Ace exclaimed as he caught Stefan in his hands, "I still need your help, Stefan!"

Stefan deadpanned at the 18 year-old boy who was seeking help from a dog. He looked at Ace expectantly as he continued to hold his deadpan.

Ace stuck his lips out as he, too, deadpanned at the dog before sighing, "Fine, I'm sorry... Will you please help me?" he asked as nicely as possible.