Old Adventures: The Chronicles of Dumb and Dumber

Old Adventures:The Chronicles of Dumb and Dumber

Ryuu D. Irin woke up the next morning feeling less refreshed than she normally would, which was strange. It was something that rarely happened because sleeping usually helps her reorganise her thoughts so she'd understand why she felt the way she felt and find reasons to not be upset.

This time, however, the icky feeling still stuck with her. She still felt upset over the idea that Ace would never like her in that sense and she still couldn't find a way to stop feeling sad. She didn't want anyone to worry after all.

But then she suddenly remembered Ace's words: "You can talk about your problems..."

And that's when she decided to freshen up, get changed and head for breakfast so she could find someone to talk to. Preferably not Ace because, well, the problem revolved around him and she was not about to expose her feelings to him. It was far too embarrassing and scary for her because she was afraid that she'd ruin their friendship.

Irin changed into an outfit that consisted of a pair of her usual white shorts (which was now tinted grey because of her harsh use while abroad the Moby Dick despite the fact that it was clean), a light blue tank top and Ace's yellow button up which she wore over her outfit unknowingly.

Oh, and of course, Irin sported her usual ugly sandals.

She got out of her room with a bright smile, feeling hopeful that she might stop feeling sad over Ace, "Alright! I'll go talk to Izou-san!" she grinned.

"Talk to Izou? What for?" Ace's voice burst through her bubble as he walked past her room. He was coincidentally around that area. Talk about luck.

Irin jumped from his voice, "O-Oh h-h-hey, A-Ace... W-What's up?" she stuttered, trying to play it cool as she sweated buckets. Why did her luck have to be so rotten?!

The freckled ravenette squinted at her, "The sky? You good?" he asked.

"M-Me? I'm great! I mean-- I'm not great but I'm doing great! Y'know what I mean?" she laughed awkwardly as she waved her hands around and placed them on her hips.

"Okay? You're being dumber than usual but okay..." Ace noted, he then switched his gaze towards her hands, "How's your left hand doing?"

Switching her gaze towards her hand, she held it up, "Oh right! I forgot to change the bandage this morning because I was too busy thinking of youAHHH MAMAA!" she yelled at her slip of tongue and cringed internally at her stupidity.

"Huh? My what?" Ace narrowed his eyes, "Irin, are you sure you're okay?"

She nodded quickly, desperate to hide her mistake, "Mhmm! Lemme just go change the bandage real quick!" she exclaimed as she dashed back into her room and slammed the door shut before Ace could reply.

Irin slapped her cheeks when she got back into her room, "Ahhh stupid Irin!" she scolded herself softly as she pouted like a sad puppy. She quickly got to the dressing table where she kept her first aid kit and undid the bandage but what she saw when she took them off made her eyes bulge.

The wound was completely gone! No scars whatsoever.

What Ace had told her about was true.

"Ace!!!" she yelled as she stared at her hand wide eyed.

The freckled ravenette burst into her room as soon as he heard her scream with worry all over his face, "What's wrong, Irin?! Are you okay?! Did you hurt yourself?!"

She slowly turned around and held her left hand out towards him like how she did the night before with her right hand.

He stared at it for a bit before sticking his head out, "What's wrong with your hand?"