The Empress Meets The Angel

'Calm down... Worry less... Be strong, for them... For Ace...'

Those were the words that Irin repeated to herself over and over again, she was eager to break him out all by herself, but she could not.

She had agreed to simply do nothing and that was because she had faith in her family, but that did not mean that she did not hate the fact that she was not strong enough to be part of their plans.

Not knowing the reasons behind her exclusion, Irin believed that she was incompetent, weak and overly emotional.

Her worries for Ace, however, overshadowed her insecurities. Irin found it hard to focus during work, there were many moments during the day where she'd zone out as she teared up, leaving her coworkers and subordinates rather confused.

Even though she tried to push her negative thoughts and worries to the very back of her head, they always found a way to distract her.

The one job that she was told to do was to worry less and she could not even do that.

She thought she could stop worrying but her worry and stress only intensified when she heard what happened to Luffy.

She was proud of him for punching those scumbags, The Celestial Dragons, but what happened next was what caused her more stress. Luffy had come in contact with Admiral Kizaru, at least it was not Akainu but she was still worried about him, that was until she found out that Bartholomew Kuma was there and had sent Luffy and his crewmates to different parts of the world.

And because Irin was a friend of Kuma and the daughter of the co-leader of the RA, he had told her where her dear friend was sent to.

Knowing that Luffy was sent to the Maiden Island, Amazon Lily, Irin hatched a plan whereby she would help take over Vice Admiral Momonga's job of making sure the Warlord, Boa Hancock would join them at Marineford.

Vice Admiral Momonga and Irin were not particularly close but her reasoning as to why she was to go instead of him was convincing and he trusted her judgement.

"Boa Hancock is considered to be the most beautiful woman in the world, according to reports and the research I have done, she can get things her way due to her appearance, but since I'm a female as well and I already have a boyfr— strong attraction to a certain male, her beauty would not be advantageous over me," the young Vice Admiral reasoned.

Hearing her explanation, Vice Admiral Momonga agreed to allow her to take over his job while he did her job in return, which was just paperwork and the occasional patrolling in nearby islands.

And so, Ryuu D. Irin took off towards Amazon Lily, in hopes of meeting with Luffy. She wasn't sure if he had heard the news about Ace but she wanted to at least make sure that he was okay.

The last minute swap with Vice Admiral Momonga meant that Irin arrived at Amazon Lily later than expected, however, she and her crew of Marines were lucky enough to run into Boa Hancock on her way back to the island.

"You guys have real guts to lay anchor in the middle of monster-infested waters," a woman from the Kuja Pirates shouted.

"Well, to be fair, we've just arrived, but it's alright, we can handle it, thanks for the concern," Irin smiled, putting her working face on.

While at work, Irin would tend to put a smile on her face even if she was feeling upset, she would handle things as fairly as she could and she would treat all Pirates and Marines alike. Her tone would always be friendly unless a threat was presented.