Old Adventures: Meeting Whitebeard

"W-We're gonna meet Whitebeard?" Irin stuttered, glancing at the three men in front of her.

"Yeah! I'm sure he'll like you-yoi!" Marco replied with a smile.

The pink haired girl masked her nervousness with a smile and tried to pretend that meeting the infamous Whitebeard did not scare her at all, when it actually did. Ace silently observed her, he knew her well enough to know that she was nervous. This part of her did not change, she used to be nervous meeting new people too because of her shy nature but she would always overcome her shyness and deal with it bravely.

"Do I need to bring a gift for him?" Irin whispered to Ace, leaning towards the freckled man and shielding her mouth with her palm while she walked beside him.

"Huh? What for?" Ace quirked a brow.

"Y'know, as an offering... Something like that..." she glanced at him with a worried look.

Ace had the word 'confused' written all over his face, "What?"

"Tsk! I mean... It's basic respect to bring someone a gift when paying them a visit! Especially when meeting such an important figure like Whitebeard!" she whispered sharply as her face contorted into a slight glare. Irin was sort of growing agitated, she was nervous and she did not know what to do nor did anyone give her any hints as to how she should act when meeting such an important person.

The freckled man held back a laugh as he looked at his best friend, "Irin... What kind of basic respect is that? You don't have to bring a gift or anything, just bring yourself and that'd be enough."

Irin still remained nervous, "But-"

"Oi! What are you two doing at the back there-yoi?! We're already almost at the ship and you two lovebirds are still all the way at the back-yoi!" Marco yelled at them from ahead. He and Thatch were already nearing the ship while the two were slowly walking at the back.

"We're coming!" Ace replied as he started to jog towards them but was stopped by Irin, "Wait! You still haven't told me what I'm supposed to do!" she whisper-yelled as she held onto his hand.

Ace looked at her hand on his, taking it into his hand and smiling at her, "Just be you," he said as he released her hand, dashing off towards Marco and Thatch.

"How am I supposed to be me when everyone seems to not like me being me?" she mumbled to herself frustratingly before chasing after Ace.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ship that laid in front of her was huge and absolutely stunning, majestic even. It had a whale figurehead which Irin found adorable, "Woahh..."

"Beautiful, isn't she?" Thatch grinned, glancing at Irin from the side.

She awed at the magnificent ship that laid before her, "She truly is..."

"Not as beautiful as you though," Thatch said as he took Irin's hand into his and planted a kiss on her soft hands.

Irin turned red and steam started puffing out of her ears, never in her 17 years of living had anyone she knew complimented her that way. Well, of course there were many men along the way who had asked for her hand in marriage but she never thought much of them because she didn't know them so she just thought that they were pulling a prank on her or something. Either way, she disregarded compliments from men she didn't know because she thought they weren't sincere.

"Y-You're t-too k-k-kind, Thatch-san... T-There's no way..."she stuttered as an awkward smile stuck to her face, she had no idea how to react.

Thatch smiled at her and was about to tell her once more that she was beautiful but was interrupted by none other than Portgas D. Ace.