Let the War Begin

Let the War Begin

"It's time, Vice Admiral Irin, it's time for us to gather at the Central Plaza where the execution of Portgas D. Ace would take place."

She glanced down at her shaking palms, a worried yet determined look was drawn onto her face, before she gripped onto the thin air, balling her fists, "I'm ready, lead the way," she smiled.

The lower ranking Marine gulped a little before turning to lead her towards the central plaza where the execution of Portgas D. Ace was to take place.

Irin remained composed and calm, even though she would usually be sweating buckets as she cried a river; that's just how she is when she's worried.

The reason for her lack of worry was because she had decided to put her trust into the people who had sworn to save Ace, and also the fact that she had done everything she could that did not go against anyone's wishes in order to save him.

He was not going to die, everything that was planned was going to go in his favour.

The Whitebeard Pirates were legendary, Luffy was a rising star in the Pirate world and they had the support of the Youngest Vice Admiral from behind.

The odds were just in their favour.

It would take something unexpected to change the tide of their one sided battle.

And though Irin hated the idea of a war, she respected the decision of her family. It would've been easier for her to just rescue Ace from Impel Down using her authority but she was someone who listened to the plans and opinions of others before acting on her own.

The walk towards the Central Plaza was considerably silent and only her booted footsteps could be heard. She sported her usual attire which consisted of a white buttoned-up vest and a navy blue dress shirt under the vest. Around her dress shirt, she wore a light yellow necktie and she sported her usual shorts.

Of course, her Navy coat sat elegantly on her shoulder, swaying majestically with her strides.

Her journey towards the execution site was then joined by Admiral Aokiji, Kuzan, "Oh, Bubbles... On your way to work too?" he asked, lazily.

Irin glanced up at the tall man and smiled her usual gentle smile, "It seems that you've been woken up from your slumber, Kuzan-san," she remarked.

"Well yeah, we, Admirals, don't get to skip work even if we wanted to sleep," he shrugged.

She raised a brow and stifled a laugh, "That's not a very convincing reason to skip work, but I sympathise."

Kuzan chuckled softly to himself before a brief silence engulfed the two.

The tall, lanky man scanned the ponytailed female, attempting to read her expression but finding it futile to understand someone who was so young yet complex, "Ïrin, how are you feeling?" he asked, somewhat abruptly.

Irin jerked her head back slightly, turning to look at her superior and friend. Her eyes were wide as her gaze matched with Kuzan's, "What do you mean by that? I'm fine, as always," she chuckled awkwardly.

He only continued to glance at her from the side, "I mean how do you feel about this whole thing... He's a friend of yours, no?"

The young Vice Admiral stared at the older man for a while before turning her head away and focusing on the path ahead of her, "I... I feel fine about this," she lied, nibbling on her bottom lip as she fought back the urge to be honest.

She hated this with her whole heart.

She hated this situation so much but, at the same time, there was nothing she could do about it. If she were to do as she wished, she would ruin the trust of a lot of people and she would go against the wishes of her loved ones.