Death Looming Over

Death Looming Over

The railings were cold as she leaned onto it for support, clutching tightly onto the pillars that held up the execution tower. Her huffs of breath were heavy and the pulsing in her head was strong.

Irin felt the pain in her chest intensify, almost as if her heart was going to burst. Her heart rate was insanely high; beating at a crazy 165 BPM. A normal human's heart rate should not even exit the 100 BPM mark.

But despite her alarming state of wellness, she was more concerned over the fact that she had just slapped Ace.

The pink haired girl dropped down to her knees as she brought her hands to her face, "Why did I just do that?" she cried to herself, pouting like a guilty child, "He was already all bruised up and stuff..."

"Oh Irin, you terrible person..." she mumbled to herself.

Switching her gaze upwards, towards the execution tower where Ace was chained to, she pursed her lips together, "At least we won't be seeing each other for a while," she muttered, thinking about the fact that they were no longer dating.

"I guess this is for the better," Irin frowned, before forcing a smile onto her face and letting out a rough chuckle, "Now I won't be charged for domestic abuse because we aren't even together anymore!"

She then glanced at the ground, her forced smile wobbling downwards as her brows twitched, "It's for the better... This is good..." she whispered to herself, "This is fine..."

The pinkette then forced herself up and stood upright to gaze upon the battlefield that was now filled with Pacifistas, despite Marco's words that told her to remain on the sidelines, she could not stand to see the brutal war play out, she could not bear to see the meaningless losses.

And just like that, she drove straight back into the war she was told to stay out of.

However, right before she leaped off the edge, the unbelievable sight of Squard stabbing Whitebeard in the chest caught her attention. Her eyes immediately widened at the sight of scene, bringing a halt to her actions.

The shock that she felt rendered her speechless as different thoughts exploded in her head. What was going on? Why did Squard stab Pops?

She had no clue, but one thing was for sure; she did not doubt Squard.

Irin watched as Marco slammed Squard into the ground, rendering him unable to fight, as he questioned the man. Everything was blank to her for a split second as she felt the little glimmers of hope leave her.

But the moment she came to her senses, she hopped off the edge of where her line of safety was and dissolved into the war.

Irin was determined to do something about this, even though she had already done quite a fair bit behind the scenes.

The first thing that shot through her head the moment she witnessed Squard's stabbing of Whitebeard was that she had to get to him so she could fix his wounds. She had to fix him. She had to...

Knowing about how Pops was no longer as invincible as he used to be, she could not allow a wound on him go untreated; especially one as life threatening as this.

Irin tried her very best to dash through the crowd and make her way to Pops but there were only obstacles after obstacles.

Her obstacles, however, was her need to cast constant protection over everyone around her who were in mortal danger.

No one dared attack her, no one dared to hurt a strand of hair on her, and no one was allowed to hurt her.

Not only was she a Vice Admiral of the Navy, she was also a friend to the Whitebeard Pirates, and all of the allies of Whitebeard knew of her.