5

My door was being assaulted once again this morning so I woke, "school!"

My stepdad ranted before his footsteps went off in Gabriel's direction and the same thing happened to him. Slowly, and reluctantly I got out of bed, "abnoxous. Can knocking be abnoxeous..."

"Heard that,"my stepdad loudly announced, "get a move on it guys, we're gonna be late!"

It was too damn early to be awake right now and honesty, school was the last place I wanted to be at the moment.

Still I grabbed my things and went to the bathroom for a shower, trying to rub the sleep from my eyes.

I dragged myself to the bathroom.

"Ah!" my stepbrother was in my bathroom.

I'd opened the door just as he was taking off his boxers. My eyes unconsciously went southwards before I could catch myself.

"Uh-sorry,"I said turning and closing the door.

"Oh it's no issue, you could always join me." Oh the annoying bastard.

"Just ...,"I began with my back to him, "hurry up. We're gonna be late."

"You know we would save tons of time if you just hopped on in the shower with me."

I wanted to glare at him so badly but his nakedness rendered me frozen, poised to run.

"Be serious please stepbrother Gabriel."

His laugh rang out, "oh fine. Stepsister Rian. You can run now if you like."

The shower turned on and I bolted. Definitely awake now. I sat down on my bed and just tried not to think. I couldn't believe I froze like that!

That my fluster had caused me to let that bastard have the last word. Bit I wouldn't dwell. He just love it if I did.

I decided to go downstairs to distract myself, "nope," my mother almost immediately said, "get ready first than food. You know the rules."

"But mom, Gabriel's hogging the bathroom. That rule- unofficial rule- was obviously established before the development of parasites."

"Nope. Out."

"Aughhh," was my very mature response before I left for the living room. Juan my stepdad's study was the room just between my destination and the kitchen.

I decided to make a pit stop and complain about Gabriel to the point of gaining an alliance that would either get me a shower or food. I wasn't picky.

His laugh traveled through the walls and froze me. The only explanation I could give as to why was that, that was a terrifying laugh. I'd never really heard him be anything but perfectly sweet and patient so to here that laugh come from my step dad's study inspired curiosity.

"Because until these moment you have always been competent I'm going to be uncharacteristically forgiving."

I was coming up to the door of the study which was open, "you have 24 hours to fix this."

My eyes grew to the size of golf balls. I'd never heard Juan speak like this. Admittedly that meant next to nothing seeing as I barely knew this man but it truly felt like I was seeing and hearing a different person.

The phenomenon was causing my heart to beat out of my chest as I eaves dropped.

Just as I peaked a back that was turned to me, someone grabbed me by the nape of my neck and pull me. I knew who it was before I even slammed against the wall.

Gabriel held me the lazily.

"Spying is rude don't you know," his hair was wet and dripping slightly. He seemed calm enough.

"And this whole domination gid-up is getting old you know,"  I said wanting to sound annoyed but really relief washed over me the second I was confronted with the slightly more familiar.

His eyes were filled with loose restraint as though he wanted to do something he knew he shouldn't. I cleared my throat and tried to move in his grip without actually touching him.

Ya, definitely wasn't looking for any repeats. I couldn't really tell if I believed that. I did know however handling a repeat wasn't amongst my abilities.

"I gotta go shower Gabriel," I said to emphasize the point. He let go and stepped back. His eyes were still the same and his arms were crossed onto his chest.

I vaguely noticed that with the help provided from his wet hair dripping onto his shirt, the material stuck to his skin. I made a run for it.

Gabriel's p.o.v

I knocked on my father's door after I was sure she'd left. I told myself that if all went well, I'd have to teach her a lesson. Very soon.

He bid me enter.

"Gabriel, entra, entra y cierra la puerta detrás de ti".

(Come in, come in and shut the door behind you.)

His tone had changed completely from that which he used on the phone. And his smile emphasized that he was putting business aside so I chose not to ask about the call.

"Papá, tengo que hablar contigo." I closed the door behind me. My father's smile disappeared, he leant back onto his desk.
(Papa, I have to speak with you)

"I want to have Orian and I don't want to have her as a brother should." He was silent for some time.

His fingers tapped on the table for a second then he stood straight, "you know I'm going to murder Emiliano's entire family."

I remained silent. Emiliano was the head of my father's cocaine enterprise. Even I knew he had begun using the product. His days were of course numbered.

I hadn't expected my father to decide his entire family must pay in blood for the lost product.

"Entonces y solo entonces Carly me comprenderá y la decisión que ha tomado. Como tu hermana Orian nunca tendrá que entender esa decisión tan real."

(Then and only then will Carly understand the decision she has made. As your sister Orian will never have to understand that very real decision.)

He wanted me to understand the weight of my decision. There wasn't any need, I knew. I understood how deeply shattered my choice would leave her shattered.

"She married a monster. I am a monster and so are you, son. You can not disallusion yourself of that truth. You can not keep it hidden from the woman whom you choose to spend your life with either."

"I want her." Nothing could sway my decision.

I looked forward to breaking her and to rebuilding her. I looked forward to making her mine.