6

High school. I hate it of course,this just happens to be one of those good days that you gotta live for. I walked in and my best friend Stephie rushed to me.

"You will never believe what happened," I laughed lightly because all news was ground breaking news to Stephie.k

"Mr Sharma died."

"What," she just looked at me with the bright, happy eyes waiting for me to believe it, "our bio teacher Mr Sharma?"

She quickly nodded enthusiastically.

"What are you smiling for than Mr Sharma was amazing. He had kids!"

"Yes I know but-"

"No fucking but Stephie a family just lost their father. A husband. Stop smiling," half of me thought maybe she was joking and I couldn't for the life of me see how she found this funny.

"Will you listen!"

"Would you," I retorted, "have some respect girl! Because you know if any fool were smiling about your death like this I'd punch them in the damn mouth.

"Please don't take that win away from me by being-" and just like that, my breath was taken away from me.

I don't know, my brain just kind of glitched and I ended up spewing, "holy shit."

"I tried to warn you," Stephie sounded equilly breathless beside me but the storm passed.

It took a second for my soul to return to my body but when it did ... My mind was reeling, "what .... Was that?!"

"Our new biology teacher."

I blinked a couple of times to lift the fog set on me by that stunningly beautiful man.

"His name is Mr. Zaddy," and with that she walked off.

"Mr Zaddy indeed," and with that I went to first period.

"The human brain..." I watched as Mr Zaddy wrote the word brain on the board and just about swooned into my hand.

I had only joined the ranks of every girl in class all on their hands watching him with heart shaped eyes, "it's amazing to think that a piece of protein could literally control your whole existence isn't it?"

Again I joined the female Corus when we all together nodded our heads in agreement. I hadn't even heard what he said.

I was too busy ogling him. He was six foot four with broad shoulders. His russet skin was deeply tan and he seemed to glow.

He had heavy set grey eyes the were surrounded by the only wrinkles on his face. Though you could only see them when he smiled to reveal abnoxously perfect teeth.

His words had a classic Latina eccent to them as though to make everything he said romantic and yet dramatically serious. His hair was thick and black with too many unruly strands going around his head.

They looked like a dark halo, "now the brain is divided into two sections..."

His firm, confident steps took him from one end of the room to the other in slow, hipnotising motions, "the biggest part of your brain however is called the cerebrum."

Lacy Griffin, reached her hand up as high and as quickly as it would go, "Oooh like Charles Xavier?"

A few girls rolled their eyes at her comment. I was sure I even heard, "dumb bitch." Uttered amongst the crowd. The boys however were dieing of silent laughter.

Well most, others seemed just as annoyed as we were but their feelings were aimed at all of us. Us who were being so shallow and stupid. Mr Zaddy smiled sweetly.

"Yes Ms Griffin the name of Cerebro in X men, was likely named after the Cerebrum or it could have been named after a much smaller similarly name part of the brain,

Called the Cerebellum, which we will talk about-"

As quickly as lightning the door swung open and slammed into Mr Zaddy. His steps faultered for the very first time in maybe ever as he stumbled.

The deathly silence of the class spoke volumes twenty times over any collective gasp could have. From than on it seemed like everything moved in slow motion.

And what I saw shocked me. She came in like a bull doser. Her book bag flying in after her. Her hair was wild and curly and big and everywhere. Now she did gasp when she realised what she had done.

Or maybe because she saw who she had done it to. She looked more struck star struck and feet wavered. The look on her face made me look at him. His eyes that were so mesmerizing seemed to grow and grow.

They looked as though they couldn't believe what they saw. Her hazel eyes did the same to him as they watched him. She quickly straightened, cleared her throat and composed herself.

"I'm sorry, I'm looking for Mr Zainey's class."

He seemed to take longer than she did to respond but I think he hid his motives better, "you're standing in it. And late."

"I'm sorry I'm new here and I couldn't-," he interrupted quickly.

"Papers please,"and he took them before she could even fully hand them over.

He seemed upset but I could see the shock still in his eyes. He was using his trmper to hide and that made him so much more visible I think.

I could tell. He wanted her, "your name is?"

He handed her the paper back. His rude actions seemed to rile her up and I could already see her being pushed away by him.

"Journey Evans," she said and snatched the page back.

"Yes well take a seat Ms Evans."

She did so, " oh and don't bother coming back next time you're late if you still have this attitude."

Females sniggered. We'd only ever seen him pleasant and it must have thrilled them all to know he disliked her. One less person to compete against for his attention. Nothing personal.

She sat down begrudgingly. Her bag fell to her feet with a thump. She seemed not the least bit intimidated. Their eyes met again.

I'm sure his steps would have faltered if he were moving. Yes, this was definitely one of those moments one could live for. The tea was boiling and demanded to be sipped.

The lesson continued with no further interruptions. The girls collectively swooned. Expect for her. Journey.

Once class was over I excitedly turned to Stephie, "did you see that!"

"I know right! I've never seen Mr Zaddy thatad at anyone. Poor girl she must be dieing of mortification."

"I think his name might be Mr Zainey Stephie-"

"Oh no. I said it right." I lightly laughed under my breath.

"So are you telling me you didn't see the way he looked at her?"

Stephie's brows scrunched in confusion, "what do you mean."

I looked at her for a long time. Searching her face to see if she was joking. Surely she saw the way they were when they first saw each other.

She seemed honestly confuses however, "what is it Rian?"

I quickly snapped out of it and looked away from her. She wouldn't believe me if I told her. Or at least I don't think.

Why waist my breath, "nothing."

And we kept walking. She looked at the side of my face for a while, "you're really weird, you do know that right."

I grabbed her hand and smiled down at her slightly shorter form, "yes of course. Why else would you love me bitch?"

And with that we went through the rest of the day. I would patiently await the next episode of 'hot tea spilt'. Oh yes this was at least one reason to love school.

A/n: please let me know what you guys think. Thank you for reading 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰