12

A/n: okay so this Takes place around around the time Rian is at school. P.s I'm really super grateful for the love and support I been getting from y'all. Honestly I never thought I'd get this far and it's all thanks to you guys.🥰♥️💜 Love y'all.

Gabriel's p.o.v

I sat in the office assigned to me by father and ran through the accounts for the imported cocaine. I worked as an unofficial accountant of sorts and it wasn't abnormal for me to work with numbers in the hundred thousands or even millions on a daily basis.

It was my job to find different ways to clean the cash, handle the buying and selling of stock and keep things in order generally speaking.

My father had assigned this job to me because he knew he could trust me to be consistently meticulous and thorough but I must admit... I so do love handling the the general aspect of the job.

Let me exemplify: two million dollars in petty cash is missing. One wouldn't really have noticed it though the number sounds large. However, whenever unexpected expenses occurred as they do over the span of say eight to ten months a small percentage of the money would be skimmed off the top.

At first just a thousand dollars and than as the months go on ones of thousands become tens and than fifties and then before you even know what's happened you've taken millions and soon... Very soon, you and I become acquainted.

I'm not angry, no, as a matter of fact, I don't feel any sort of way towards this thief's indiscretions, their lack of loyalty and overall incompetence as an employee and as a thief. Their sloppyness, their disrespectfulness and their audacity to not even be able to steal well may be a shit stain on my otherwise perfect books but I won't hold it against such tom foolery.

I can't, it's just business after all but I will however punish accordingly and and rest assured I'll clear my whole schedule for the week and enjoy every slow… creative moment of it.

Okay… (you caught me) I am just a little bit mad. I hated wearing suites but my father had requested I convey a certain image so they were a necessary evil. However, for my next visit I decided to remove my suite jacket and loosen my tie.

Carefully, I arranged everything on my desk. My fingers would touch something with purpose and focus and I'd count behind them. Everything had a purpose and a place and everything lay in said place accordingly.

I let the task calm me until my mind felt ordered and peaceful. I let the feeling of satisfaction hold on to my composure as I made my way out.

To me this employee was simply another indiscretion that required my attention. I didn't bother to learn a name. It wasn't important information.

I simply needed the office number… home address, addresses of all family members, social security number, full background and a detailed history of your accounts dating back to the very first time you touched a credit card. You know, the small stuff.

Alas, I digress. I adjusted the cuffs around my wrists and opened the door. The employee was on a call, "yes I know. I know what I said it's just going to take a little bit longer... No I swear I'll have the money to you by next week please just... This isn't a trick I'll have it."

A few moments later he hung up. I silently closed the door while he dropped his head into his hands. I watched as his neat and trimmed fingers ran through his hair in agitation or worry. By chance his head lifted and he jumped in fright.

He said, "M-mr Capistrano."

Calmly I walked forward, "my apologies it looked like you were on an important call. Being someone who hates disruptions," I sat in one of the chairs in front of the desk and firmly gripped the arm once before releasing it, " I chose to wait."

He looked flushed and pale I noted as I crossed a leg on my knee, "n-not an is-ssue sir, my door is always o-open."

I kept my expression neutral as I surveyed his office and doing everything in my power to listen to his  blubbering and not to reach across the table and slam his head into the desk.

When he was done I spoke without looking at him, "don't you hate disruptions? I find they can range from slightly annoying to intolerable and unacceptable.

"However the silver lining is the great pleasure one can derive from having those disruptions dealt with wouldn't you say?"

"I-I-I… I don't know," a knock came to the door and a neatly dressed man walked in. If he was surprised by my presence he didn't let off, "good morning Mr Capistrano. Here are the records you asked for Mr Davis."

Then he was gone, "I'll let you get back to work."

I walked to the door and turned to him at the last minute and offered a small smile, "oh yes and good luck with that debt collector. I know from personal experience it can be nasty business."

I left then and walked to the assistant's desk. I tapped it lightly, "what's your name?"

His head lifted, he was a black man but his eyes were a deep green. I'd expected shock but was mistaken. He answered, "Passion Hamden sir."

I made a mental note and went off to finish the rest of the arrangements I'd made for our employee.

About half an hour after the visit, Adrian Davis was fast walking through the parking lot behind his office building. He was certain Gabriel Capistrano suspected him… if he didn't already know.

He felt another panic attack coming at the thought of how the other man had looked at him. His gaze was empty and cold, like looking at a soulless creature but he also felt as though the pages of his life were being opened and read through word for word.

Never had his guilt weighed so heavily on him as it did in that instance. He'd decided to take the rest of the day off.

He opened the driver's side and got in but froze when he heard a loud yawn. He quickly looked at the backseat through the rear view mirror.

A man with long inky black hair was stretching, Adrian's blood ran cold "thoughtful of you to come," he looked down at his watch. He had a really thick English accent, "two hours early. I really thought I'd be left in this god forsaken car forever.

"You know I hate collecting but people like you make my job that much easier so thanks for that."

"W-who the hell are you."

"Not important mate," he put a gun to the target's head, "drive."

At first Adrian tried to bargain and beg. The British man had lowered the gun quickly and so he told him he didn't have to do this.

Then he saw the glint in his strange blue eyes and his heart sank into his digestive juices. Silently he drove to an unknown destination. It took everything in him in that moment not to weep like a child.

A/n: what happens next is pretty twisted. I'll leave it out for now but tell me if you would like to know what happens next. if I do post it it'll come with a warning. 😘😘