21

When the school day ended a sinking feeling would encompass my entire being. Made me feel like another person, one desperate enough to do things I would never do.

It was because of the fear. At least that's what I told myself. Things like hiding... things like listening to him when he told me to do this or that.

If I wasn't so afraid of what he would do, I would never never allow him to put a collar on me. I would have said no. He wouldn't still be sleeping in my bed.

I tell myself this staring at my face in the bathroom mirror trying to convince myself to go home. Because where else could I go?

I think of these things because how far is too far for me now? Do I even have limits anymore? Is he going to kill me? I finally made my way out after having placed myself at the precipice of a panic attack.

I had no clue what to do.

"FINALLY!" I froze in place and clutched my bag. The parking lot was empty except for one car and it wasn't mine...

"I was beginning to think I was going to go in there after you."

"Who... who are you?" He was lent up against a vintage looking car that looked like it belonged to Dean from Supernatural.

He had inky black hair that was long enough to touch his shoulders and pale skin.

He smiled kindly to me... or I guess he was trying. That he couldn't reminded me of Gabriel. I looked into his eyes and there it was... something in eyes.

Or something missing? Something that put me off immediately.

He opened the passenger side door and said, "can we make this quick please, I kind of promised someone I don't like lieing to that I wouldn't never come to this school."

"Are you... kidnapping me?" He laughed a breathey laugh and looked down enough that his hair disturbed his features.

"Gabriel sent me," he moved a little away from the door to give me room to get in the car, "who are you?"

His smiled still and said, "Serious."

"...," I looked at him a bit and thought about that, "I want to to ask you if you're serious."

I tried to keep a neutral face, "but then I might find out how you got into a life of crime."

He said in his thick British accent, "what makes you think I went into a life of crime."

"You're kidnapping me for Gabriel-"

"Rian, trust me. If I were kidnapping you, this would be a different conversation. Get in." So I sighed but listened also.

"Meaning you do kidnapping people…" I said under my breath but assumed he heard by the look on his face.

                               |§|

"Okay I don't even pretend to have any idea what will happen to me next but cone on... what is even going on?"

Serious put a gun in my hand and tightened my fingers around it, "do you know what this is?"

My heart rate went up just having the stupid thing in my hand but all I did was fix him with a kind of expression that said, 'really'.

"A Ruger LCP Pistol."

The gun was an ugly thing with a compacted hideous and solid look to it, "it's a fully automated hand gun with a calibre of 380 do you know what that means?"

"No."

"Well you're going to lear-" I didn't think when it it happened it just did. Before I knew it, I slammed the gun down on the metal table separating us.

"Actually what I meant by no is the fact that I won't doing this. Take me home."

"Okay," he agreed easily and rounded the table, "but..." he stopped us on our journey to the door.

The he said, "I want you to know that your life has changed forever... because of a man named Gabriel Capistrano. And he isn't going to leave... I refuse to make promises but I can guarantee he won't be leaving any time soon.

"And I'm sorry but that means many days will be painful days."

His words hit me square in the chest and I wanted to cry but I just kept listening, "and people who hate him, people who envy him are going to come. They are going to come for you because of him.

"When that happens and it will happen... you can either defend yourself or add those men and women to the list of people who will fill your days with pain from now on."

So I retraced my steps and proceeded to do something I promised myself I would never do.

                                 |§|

The drive home after many hours was quiet. I could tell he liked it that way. This Serious character had been nice enough to me but it wasn't hard to see how much he would rather be anywhere else.

He just seemed like a man displaced in such a normal situation. Even if to me the situation seemed like anything but. I could see him in a battle field or something and in my head there he seemed more at home.

I wanted to give him space, truly I did for so many reasons but I also had to know,  "what is he into?"

"I think we both know it isn't my place to have that conversation with you," he parked outside my house and unlocked the car door.

He said, "I'll see you tomorrow." I didn't respond and went inside.