19

"Do you like it?" I looked up from the food we were eating and at him. We were in his house.

The only place I ever really got to see him love me. The only place he was willing to show me that he did.

It took a little while of staring at him before I remembered myself and smiled.

I said, "um yeah yeah sorry."

I took a bit of the food and tasted it for the first time. It was good.

We watched each other for a little bit. I glimpsed him from the side view while he outright stared. I just wanted him not to touch it but I knew he would.

Finally he sighed light, " Kitten we could always reschedule if you aren't in the mood."

"No, no. Seriously I'm okay," he caught my hand as I was about to shove another mouth full of food into my mouth.

His hand caught my wrist and held it still, " I know I ask you to do a lot of pretending and hiding when we are our in public but don't. Don't lie here, not to me.

Whatever is bothering you you don't have to pretend with me."

I couldn't bring myself to look him in the eyes, but I said it. Softly and reluctantly but I said it.

I felt so immature and stupid wanting this. Wishing to be having a night making bad decisions, "my friend is having a party tonight and I don't know.

I knew we had plans and I told them I couldn't make it. But..."

I chanced an upward glance and looked directly at me. He wasn't smiling but the softness in his gaze made calm down. I loved looking at him, he was so perfect.

Not in appearance, though he was ridiculously good looking. It's just that I would look at this man's face and love him without even thinking about it.

It was the best feeling on earth, "I'm tired of constantly making the right decisions as though I'm trying to make up for-"

"Choosing me."

I felt instantly bad, "of course not I just."

"You need to go," I looked for any negative connotation in his words and found none, "you're late already I'm sure and you can never waste time when it comes to something as precise as bad decision making."

The gravelly baritone in his voice was light with the joke, "everything has to be just right. And the sequence of events leading up to the event in question have to play out so that you can blissfully ignore your part in the

Decision making and blame this cruel uncaring world."

A slow smile crept into my face while we looked into each other's eyes, "thank goodness you're not the English teacher."

He chuckled lightly at that. I noticed he absent mindedly began to play with his fork. A sure fire sight that he was trying to stop himself from blushing.

Why was he so cute? I stood and kissed his cheek, "thank you Malik. Seriously. And I promise I will not let this perfectly good gesture go to waste."

He laughed lightly and caught my head as I pulled away. Our lips collided and he kissed me deeply.

"You are a teenager love. Don't make promises. Nine times out of ten you can't keep them."

I didn't argue. I just smiled sheepishly. It is kind of hard to make romantic gestures with a man you are dating in secret.

And unlike him I do not have a house which I own and can do whatever I want in. I kissed him once more and left.

A few hours later...

Facts.

Facts are tricky things because even they are victims to circumstance. Especially them. I'll tell you the first very true fact.

I wanted to be at this party. Knowing everything and a half went wrong at these parties. Understanding that true to my self destructive ways I wasn't looking to avoid trouble at all.

To begin with however I innocently wondered the crowded rooms blending in and yet fitting in nowhere. I didn't belong.

Jonathan was the first to see me. We made eye contact and he weaved and between the crowd to get to me. He took my hand when he did reach me and we together meandered the crowd.

He put a drink in my hand when we got to the centre of the chaos and the music, he grabbed his girlfriend who appeared from out of thin are and he danced with her and faded into the freedom of floating in the crowd. Where nothing could touch you.

I did the same but without a partner. Someone would grab me at some point or other I thought. I wasn't wrong and I could have spent the whole night just like this.

I planned to actually but then I saw her. She must have been staring at me for the longest time. Orian.

Her stare was so deep and heavy. Then she looked away. She stood straight from her place on the wall in a corner. We watched each other for a second more and then she disappeared.

I followed of course. If that wasn't a summons I don't know what is. She lead us through darkened halls in such a manner that a slight feeling of unease crept into my chest.

She went behind a door and so I did too. I was surprised to find a bathroom.

She said, "lock the door."

I hesitated a bit. She sounded normal enough so I suppose she wasn't possessed or mentally unstable. Only after hearing the quiet click of the lock did she turn to me finally.

She looked tired. Her golden brown skin had somehow lost it healthy hue, ever so slightly. Everything about her lost its hue actually.

Her eyes had dark circles and were... dimmer. Deeply frowning she said, "I need to ask you for a favour."

Her hands began to fiddle with the thick leather choker around her neck.

Something about the character of her words told me not to deny her.

I suppose I found trouble after all, "of course."