the one

Taianna.

"Hello?" Chris answered, right when I was about to hang up.

"Hey.." Even though we've been seeing each other for some months now, I still get choked up when talking to him.

"Hey, what's up?" I could hear him shuffling around and assumed he was busy, making me regret calling him.

"You busy? I can call back later."

"Nah you good. Wassup, you straight?" I sighed.

"Not really. I feel like shit, I was just calling so you could take my mind off of it a little."

"What's wrong?"

"My head is killing me, my throat feels scratchy and my nose is stuffy."

"Sounds like you coming down with a cold."

"Yeah.." I drifted off, playing with my shorts drawstrings. See what I mean. I'm the one that called him and i'm acting all shy.

"Did you take something?"

"No, I don't have anything.. Well I obviously don't want anything. I didn't mean to interrupt you, i'll talk to you later?"

"You gone be alright?" He asked, sounding like he didn't have a problem staying on the phone with me.

"Yeah i'll be fine. I'll probably just take a nap and make me some soup later on."

"Tai you sure?"

"Yes, positive."

"Aight. Call me if you need anything or start to feel worse okay?"

"Okay, thank you."

"No problem." After getting off the phone, I sighed and placed it on the charger before burying myself under the covers. Seven months later and I still act like that with him. It's crazy cause we could vibe so well, spend so much time with each other and even have passionate sex and I still get nervous as if it's our first phone call or something.

**

Waking up in a confused daze, I rubbed my eyes and rolled around in my bed. Grabbing my ringing phone, I squinted, seeing Chris' name on my screen. My heart dropped and I slightly smiled before answering it.

"Hello?"

"I'm at your door."

"Oh! Sorry I was sleep, were you outside a long time?" I asked, putting socks on as I walked downstairs to get the door for him.

"Nah not really." Once I reached the door, I hung up and opened it.

"Hey." I smiled, my stomach doing acrobatics.

"Wassup?" He hugged me after handing me the bags he had in his hand.

"What's this?" I asked, even though I was already rummaging through the bags.

"I brought you some stuff since you said you didn't feel good." I smiled, seeing the snacks, cold medicine, chamomile tea, cough drops, my favorite drink and some soup from my favorite restaurant.

"Thank you, I appreciate this so much." I said, going in for another hug.

"You know I couldn't just let you be sick, had to come take care of my boo." He cuffed my chin, making me blush.

"You're so sweet."

"I know I know. Come on, let's go watch a movie." I grabbed the bags and followed him upstairs to my room. I had to laugh to myself at the fact he was leading me to my room like this was his house.

"What you wanna watch?" I asked, turning the tv on and going to HBO Max. He shrugged as he kicked his shoes off, climbing in my bed.

"Let's watch The Conjuring." He nodded as he opened a bag of my candy. I started the movie, cut my lights off and climbed in the bed next to him. Snuggling up to his body, he kissed the top of my head and grazed his fingers across my skin. I slightly smiled as I inhaled his scent.

As we lie there watching the movie, making comments here and there with laughter, something hit me. The feeling I got being around him, the way I felt safe and like nothing else mattered with him in my presence.. I was in love with him, and this is the moment it hit me. I'm in love with him..